Chapter 1

Eugeo's POV

Me and Kirito were walking out of the training grounds, we had just been sparring. It was sunset and was probably past curfew...

"Hey Eugeo...?" Kirito said, breaking the silence.

"Hmm?" I replied, still looking at the sky.

"Why don't we take a break? You know... from all this, the academy, the training..." Kirito said while looking my way.

I had never thought about leaving, for a short time, I just want to concentrate on getting Alice back...

But a break could be nice...

I glanced over at Kirito who was still looking at me, as I looked into his eyes it was clear what my choice was going to be.

"That's a great idea! B-but how long where you thinking?" I smiled.

"Oh I don't know, maybe just a week or two... long enough for us to rest up, but short enough so we don't forget all our skills." Kirito mumbled, looking upwards towards the sky. I did the same, admiring the stars which had started to become visible.

"That would be nice, Kirito." I whispered.

We carried on walking to the academy in silence, admiring the flowers, sky and stars... It wasn't long before we were outside our bedroom door.

We walked in, and I immediately yawned, I removed my shoes and jacket while walking over to the bed, climbing onto the top bunk.

"Eugeooooo..." Kirito whispered.

"What...?" I sighed, closing my eyes when my head hit the pillow.

"You're still wearing your clothes, I better not see you tomorrow morning with those same clothes on." Kirito peered over the top of my bed, clinging onto the railing and poking my cheek. He laughed.

God his laugh is cute... Wait why am I saying this?

"Yeah yeah Kirito, you can't say much." I mumbled as I pushed him away from my face.

He sighed and laughed again, going down into his own bed.
I blushed.

What was I thinking just then!!?? Kirito is a friend I can't call him cute... Plus it's against Taboo! Oh god what is going on in my head?!

I mentally face palmed and removed my clothes, now only wearing a white vest and boxers.
I lay down once again, pulling the duvet over my shoulders.

"Goodnight Kirito..." I whispered, loud enough for him to hear.

"Night Eugeo." Kirito replied, I could hear the smile in his voice.

How is he always so happy? Especially around me of all people...

My thoughts made me drift into an uncomfortable sleep, another nightmare maybe?

I looked around a dark room, I was trapped and there was no light. I heard a small voice every now and then, attempting to move towards it every time. But with no luck. I wandered aimlessly through the never ending darkness before me.

'What's the moral of this dream then?' I sighed. Then I saw something.

Kirito.

He was just standing there in the nothingness, just like I was. I tried to shout his name, only to find my mouth wouldn't open. I reached up and touched my lips; well at least, where my lips should be. I didn't feel anything, except for sharp pricks, almost like someone had sewn up my mouth with barbed wire. I gagged at the thought.

I tried to walk towards him, only to find I couldn't walk now.

'Okay seriously...?' I looked down to see shackles clamped onto my ankles, which held me back with heavy weights.

I started to freak out, and I saw that Kirito had started running towards me.

When he reached me he knelt down, as I was now on the floor, and put his hand on my shoulder. He was shouting words at me... but I couldn't make them out. He was silent, it was silent.

I raised my hand and placed it on Kirito's cheek. He stopped what he was doing, my eyes started welling with tears.

And then Kirito smiled, stood up and walked away. I got to hear him say one thing though, something I wish I'd never heard...

"I don't need you anymore Eugeo... you're pathetic."

"--geo... Eugeo!"

Was all I was hearing now, I had awoken from my terrible dream. I felt the comfort of Kirito, who had climbed onto my bed like he usually does when he wakes me up. I slowly open my eyes, seeing a worried and stressed Kirito. I suddenly snapped out of my daze.

"Are you okay? What happened? Why are you waking me up when it's still dark?" I questioned.

For some reason my vision hadn't focused from when I woke up. I reached my hand up to my eye.

All I felt where hot tears, that constantly flowed down my cheeks. Still not stopping when I had awoken.

"Eugeo... I heard you mumbling and crying, so I came to check on you... What's wrong?" Kirito said, moving a bit closer. My heart began to race, and my face was definitly red. I looked down at my hands, which where still wet with smudged tears.

"I-i umm... don't remember. It must have been a bad dream." I lied. I couldn't tell him about these nightmares I was having; about him.

I looked up at Kirito and smiled.

"Thanks for waking me up though, it was clearly not a nice dream to be in..." I sighed and moved some hair out of my face.

Kirito still hadn't moved, I was worried he could see through my lies.

"That's okay Eugeo... I didn't like hearing you struggle." Kirito smiled. He reached towards my face, which was definitely hot, and wiped some tears with his thumb.

I could hug him right now...

I looked up and saw that Kirito was beginning to move off the bed.

"W-Wait Kirito..." I mumbled, tugging on his shirt.

My heart began racing, and I just stared at Kirito for a little bit.

What surprised me next was the fact he knew what I was asking for, Kirito pulled me close to him, into a tight embrace. I could hear his heartbeat... it was steady and you could almost say perfect, if that made sense. I continued listening as I raised my own arms towards him, wrapping them around his small waste.

Ba-bump.

Kirito's heart had skipped a bit, it was hardly noticeable. But for some reason I just smiled and laughed a little.

"Are you alright now Eugeo?" Kirito whispered.

I nodded into his chest, my face still burning and my heart racing.

This is an amazing feeling...

Unfortunately, Kirito pulled away, grinning, not looking me directly in the eyes, I could have sworn I saw some blush... Pushing me back mildly, I smiled at him as he left the space he occupied on my bed.

I slumped back, placing my hand onto my heart.

What's going on with me...? I'm so hot and for some reason I feel amazing...

I put my hand back under my duvet and reached towards my... I could feel my face get extremely hot, and I flinched at my own actions.

I clenched my jaw and removed my hand, I had to concentrate on getting some sleep.

I could still hear my heartbeat in my head. I smiled as I drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

——