Chapter 18 - Fools

(this chapter was written as an April Fools' prank years ago, as you'll quickly discover. 😂 You're welcome to read it anyway for a laugh, but nothing here is canon.)

"You do remember?" The voice's tone had risen in hope. "It's really you?!"

In shock, Night didn't know how to respond, but he never got the chance to. A crash echoed all through the large room as the door suddenly flew open, and Preciser stormed inside. Immediately both stiffened, and Night's eyes widened in alarm.

"So you're awake," the giant sneered. He moved threateningly in front of him, and the superhero scrambled backward in alarm as much as possible. "Now that you're here," he went on with a wicked smile, "I no longer have any use for him." He gestured to Tizian, whose form had been illuminated by the light from the hall through the opened door.

"Kill him!" The horrifying order echoed through the air, and Night tensed in shock, realizing he could do nothing to help his father. He could only watch in sheer horror as a creature with a cloak moved instantly for Tizian, raised a spear, and pinned him to the wall with one quick thrust.

"NO!" he cried in terror, but there was nothing he could do, and it was too late. The light of fear in his father's huge eyes slowly died away into nothing, and his stiff shoulders slumped down limply. His head dropped forward, and he did not move again.

No.

No. No, no, no, no . . . No . . .

NO.

He stared, numb with shock.

He'd just seen his father, whom he'd just found after ten years, killed. Just like that.

Preciser, no guilt on his face, turned to his second enemy. "You don't have any reason to stay alive," he snarled. "You'll never see your little sidekick again, nor your father."

"I'll . . . I'll see Sunray again," he mumbled, "one day." Was this really happening? "And she's not my sidekick . . . She's my partner."

His father was dead.

"Are you sure about that?" the giant replied mockingly. "She's not that worthy. She couldn't even handle isolation."

Couldn't . . .

"What do you mean?" he demanded. "She's stronger than that."

His father was dead.

"Wrong." The crazed smile of satisfaction on his enemy's face grew. "She'd already lost her mother, her partner, and now her best friend. She couldn't handle it."

Mother, partner, best friend . . .

Mother . . .

The realization dawned on him all of a sudden, and he gasped sharply.

"Jakira?!" he whispered hoarsely, swallowing. "She . . . She was . . . She wouldn't . . ."

"And now that I finally have you cornered . . ." he added, then raised his axe, shifted it into a huge spear, and flung it down at him. He cried out in surprise and alarm, but it was cut off; he remembered only intense pain in his chest.

And then nothing. The world faded into black for the last time.

• • •

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" Suddenly, rather out of nowhere, a short teenage girl came running from the hall into the room and hopped between the fallen superhero and the giant. "What the heck is going on here?" she demanded. "This isn't in the script!"

Preciser looked boredly at the girl in front of him. "Why can't it be?" he protested. "It was fun. 'Bad guy winning for the first time in storybook history'? That'd be a great twist!"

"No, it wouldn't," the girl retorted. "No one likes you. This is not how it goes."

"Well, it was fun anyway." The giant shrugged. "This is what you get for delaying lunch break every other day."

"Oh, hush," the girl scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I only did that because I caught you sneaking into my kitchen last Wednesday." She facepalmed, sighing. "This is what I get for hiring a giant, a mentally ill superhero, and his dad for this job," she muttered.

"Hey!" Suddenly, Night sat up straight, an indignant look on his face. "Mentally ill?! I'm offended." He paused. "And plus, that was the best death acting I've ever done in my life."

The girl walked over to him and patted his head. "One day."

"Does this mean it's time for lunch?" Tizian straightened, looking hopeful. "I'm starving. Preciser convinced me this would be a good idea as something fun to do while we were waiting."

"It was fun," Preciser complained.

"You could've been doing the actual scene, doofus." The girl shot him a sour look. Shaking her head hopelessly, she clapped her hands above her head. "From the top!"

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Sorry . . . . . . . . . XD Did you guys think it was real at first? XD

THIS WAS MY SISTER'S IDEA! xD

The real update will be coming soon!

NOTHING IN THIS "CHAPTER" IS CANON. XD

Hope you enjoyed me breaking the fourth wall.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁