Chapter Nine: In Sickness and In Health

Lydia in one word felt stressed. Curse words were flowing in her head about it as she sank to the bathroom floor. She couldn't believe this was why she felt so sick. A person with an IQ of 170 she would be able to figure it out. 

Although with all the vampires, new people coming into Beacon Hills, and other people leaving whether willingly or by force like her mom she felt a bit side tracked from herself and the new person growing in her uterus.

 How was she going to tell Stiles? When was she going to tell Stiles? How could she do that and protect Beacon Hills? Lydia felt the tears but didn't do anything about them. It wasn't like Lydia's life would be over since she is just about to get her dream job - a job with enough support for someone else. 

However she never discussed having children with Stiles and when she would talk about the future with Stiles it contained mostly their future jobs and maybe a dog or two in the mix. 

"Lydia?" This snapped Lydia out of her daze to see Malia wearing ratty jeans and it didn't look like the style for the pants - Lydia of course would know. 

"What happened to you?" 

"Why are you crying?" The pair asked each others these questions at the exact same time. Lydia wiped away her tears, sniffled and then got up to face Malia. 

"Your pants are ripped," Lydia started trying to put the topic off of her, "what happened?" 

"I was in the woods and jeans do not go well with that, I just fell." Malia shrugged it off although knew something was up with Lydia. She could smell her stress and there was something else that she couldn't put a finger on about Lydia.

[...]

Theo was done thinking about Liam and if he and Hayden wanted to be together that would be fine with him. That's what he said to himself, but he knew that deep down it would never be true. Theo didn't know what it was about Liam that made him feel a different way. 

Theo went to Liam's house expecting Hayden to be inside. Instead she was sitting outside with her knees pulled up to her chest. She seemed upset and Theo felt a bit out of place seeing as he was not that great at his own emotions let alone someone else's. 

Hayden looked up at Theo with the look of venom in her eyes, a look Theo knew all too well. Somehow Theo got the courage to sit next to her on the front steps of Liam's house. 

"Are you okay?" Theo asked trying to warm his way up to her in response she started to cry. 

"You don't care about me," Hayden sighed rubbing the tears off her cheeks. 

"You don't care about me either but that doesn't mean I'm not curious," Theo replied and to his surprise Hayden chuckled. 

"Liam kicked me out, he was tired of me I guess," Hayden bowed her head down, "I just miss him." Theo sat forward looking at the quiet neighborhood he looked at Hayden pulling her hair into a pony tail.

"Liam has a lot of potential, for being a werewolf, a college student and for being a lacrosse coach, you know that's what he wanted to be when he was twelve." Hayden chuckled at the fond memory even though the two were not on good terms at that age. 

Theo then reached out and patted Hayden's shoulder to be comforting but instead ended up being awkward for both of them. 

"Thanks," Hayden replied the tears now dried. She walked away leaving Theo left alone on the steps. He turned around to see Liam he didn't look as thankful. 

[...]

Scott hung around the hospital yet again for Deaton. Deaton was pretty much better with the exception of some scars and some soreness in his muscles.  Scott wanted to drive him home and Argent was asking Scott to interrogate Deaton about being a witch even though Scott is not the best interrogator.