Peaceful times - Raphael

This chapter was inspired by x_shattereddreams_x
Thank you for the support.
I hope you'll enjoy ;)
________________________________________________________________________________

Tough and fierce in battle, in bed, in life. No matter what, these two traits were imprinted into your hubby's DNA and were a fundamental part of him. Yet every once in awhile, he tended to show something sweeter and more gentle, such as; when you woke up together.

Finally having caught up on lost sleep from the previous night, you woke up to the quiet sound of grunting near your ear. Turning your tired body to the side, you delighted were met with a rare sight: A innocently sleeping Raphael. It wasn't the first time you had woken up before him, but it was the first time you ever had seen so relaxed an expressions from him.

You had a couple of hypothesis to why this was, and remembering your late night playtime together, you could only confirm that you probably were right: Raph was sleeping peacefully, because of you.  Having this thought in mind, you couldn't stop a smile from appearing, as you gave him a light kiss and attempted to get out of bed as quiet as possible.

Much to your surprise, however, you let out a yelp, when two pair of strong, green arms shoot out from underneath the quilt and wrapped around your waist, pulling you right back in bed. Startled you turned you head, only to see Raph once more, but this time wide-awake.

"Raph?! The shell?!" you let out, glaring up at him annoyed.  "Weren't you asleep?"

"I was, until somebody decided to leave me," he replied and nuzzled into your neck, yawning. "If you gonna go, you'll have to do that better."

"Do what better?" you quizzed, but blushed as it began to dawn for you with the look he was giving you. "I-I already kissed you 'Good morning'!"

Grinning he shook his head and spoke teasingly: "I was sleeping, so I don't remember that."

You shot him a sour look pouting at his bad humor. Only receiving a smirk in return, you sighed defeated , knowing  you wouldn't hear the end of it, if you refused. Leaning down, you were about to kiss him, only to jolt in surprise another time that morning, as Raph closed the last of the distance between you.

Letting it last for awhile, you finally managed to pull away with your cheeks matching the color of his mask and your heart racing. "Are every morning forward really going to be like this?" 

"Mhm," he answered, hardly hiding his chuckle.  "Unless you don't want to, princess."

You sulked dissatisfied, much opposite to how you actually were feeling. If every morning ended up like this, with you two snuggling and bickering, then you'd look forward to every single one of them happily. You'd never actually admit that to him, however.  But with that confident grin on your hubby's face, you guessed he already knew what you were thinking.

You wrapped your arms around him and leaned against his chest mumbling: "If we ever get kids, I'm afraid they'll  get your awful wits."

Holding you close, he chuckled jokingly. "Don't forget my handsome face."

"Stupid."

"Love you too, sweetie."