Imperial mother-in-law [2]

Third Prince Li Henxin waits for Xi Yinghua's arrival at the waiting hall together with Jing Ruyi. As he sits in silence, she notices that he is not in a good mood as he waits for Xi Yinghua's arrival. With her eyes, she is signalling one of the maidservants to call for the mistress of the manor. But, even before the said maidservant manages to walks out from the waiting hall, sound of steady steps can be heard coming towards the waiting hall. Jing Ruyi softly sighs as she gently pats on her chest. The Third Prince never appreciate a latecomer and will punish heavily on those who are never on time. She can only pray for Xi Yinghua's wellbeing. 

"Wangfei... You're early. This prince thought that you will take a longer time to prepare yourself..."

Mingli suddenly coughing and, this has made Xi Yinghua to softly pats on her maidservant's back, "Wangye... You're such an understanding and honourable husband. This wife is having a hard time preparing herself according to your liking. This outfit and accessories provided by are indeed beautiful to look at but... The hair accessories are quite heavy. Are they made from real gold? It is so heavy. Even the outfit is quite suffocating. Why can't I wear a similar outfit like meimei? I value comfort over luxury..."

Seeing the troubled expression on her face affects his heart unexpectedly. She seems to have a hard time wearing the official outfit and accessories that his imperial mother has bestowed to him before their marriage.

"Wangfei... Be good. You will only wear them only for a few hours. You are my princess consort and what you wear will represent our family. Ruyi is wearing an outfit which is befitting to her status."

Jing Ruyi smiles and further adds, "Wangfei, Ruyi is just a mere concubine. My outfit and accessories shall not be excessive."

Xi Yinghua nods her head in understanding and says, "Meimei, I understand. But, this only applies whenever there's an official function or the like of it. Here, you can dress up to the nines."

Third Prince Li Henin and Jing Ruyi look at each other with an obvious questioning expression on each of their faces.

"Wangfei... Do enlighten this prince what do you mean by 'dresses up to the nines'?"

In front of others, Xi Yinghua stands in silence for a few minutes before she says, "What? What did I say? Hahaha! Ruyi, I mean that you can dress up beautifully whenever you're in our beloved husband's home. I, for one, is a love for beautiful things and people. And, I personally believe that every woman should look their very best!"

Xi Yinghua smiles widely and thought to herself, "After all, the original me is a 175-centimetre woman with 36-24-36 measurements. I took care of my diet and exercise regularly. Though I'm known for being a ruthless police officer, everyone is fooled by my childlike appearance at first. The pain of having a youthful face with a tall yet voluptuous body is unbearable then so she worked exceptionally hard."

Xi Yinghua softly sighs as she reminisces about her original body and life. She walks beside the Third Prince while Jing Ruyi walks behind the royal pair. Mingli did not come along with them and just watch the three walks out of the manor while she silently prays that her mistress would not offend anyone in the imperial palace.

While in the carriage, the Third Prince is sitting next to Jing Ruyi while Xi Yinghua is sitting on the opposite cushioned bench even as she lazily leans her back on the wall of the carriage. There it is, her real self is slowly and gradually shown to both the Third Prince and Jing Ruyi.

As she closes her eyes, she seems to be taking a nap which irks the Third Prince endlessly but Jing Ruyi is smiling as, truth be told, Xi Yinghua is 5 years younger than her. Though she let her call her "meimei" out of respect to her as the main wife of the Third Prince, she honestly thought her rebellious nature is quite adorable.