Walking around

Once she is outside, Lena (the modern transmigrated soul's name) calmly walks out from the small lane before she enters another lane. She immediately blends into the crowd and observes the others as they are doing their usual activities. The lane is bustling with people, shops and stalls which is a stark contrast to the gloomy lane she first came from. Seems like no one dares to be there even if the lane is left unguarded. The Third Prince is indeed feared by others.

She continues to walk and checking the displayed items on each stall. As a modern woman, she is obviously attracted by these ancient items. She wanted to buy some of the items but she left the residence without any money nor is she a rich young lady. She decided that she should be nice with that irritating man for the sake of materialism. Be nice to his beloved woman will be beneficial for her in the long run.

As she scrutinizing the display of the various hairpins, all she can think of is that though they are indeed exquisitely beautiful but totally unnecessary. Earlier this morning, it was Mingli who did her hair according to the ancient hairstyle. The buyao is made from pure gold and it is uncomfortably heavy after being worn for a period of time.

Though she is not loved by the Third Prince, he definitely gave her an appropriate amount of jewellery and outfits for her current rank as his wangfei and princess consort. Not bad... The Third Prince is definitely not stingy. As for the dowry... Xi Yinghua's mother is just a mere commoner while she is not favoured by her brilliant father.

Her stepmother, on the other hand, is the one who prepared her dowry consists of 50 golden ingots, 100 silver ingots, 10 bolts of silk, a small piece of fertile land, a small box of jewellery and the slave deeds for Mingli and Rui An. Xi Yinghua sincerely thought that her stepmother is being kind enough to provide her with a fair amount of dowry. Though she knows that it is all for the sake of her father's reputation.

When her younger half-sister married a year ago, her dowry consisted of 500 golden ingots, 1000 silver ingots, 100 bolts of the finest silk, several pieces of lands and 3 shops, a large box of exquisite jewellery and the slave deeds for 10 servants. She married the second son of a second rank officer but, her half-sister is as wise as her stepmother because the husband is the current top scholar in their Kingdom with a bright future ahead of him.

Lena smiles as she stares at the hairpin. Such a stark difference... Xi Yinghua is married to the Third Prince but only being given a shameful amount of dowry by her family. Obviously, they wanted her to be looked down by the Third Prince. She smiles widely and softly says, "Well... It has only begun..."

"Xi Yinghua..."

Lena freezes as she hears that familiar voice. She takes a deep breath before she turns back to look at that person.

"Husband, why are you here? I will be back later. There is no need for you to find me."

"Your guards and my guards have been looking for you but you managed to get away every single time. I have to find you on my own. You..."

Xi Yinghua stares at him directly in his eyes as she sees Rui An and Yingzi rushing towards both of them. She softly laughs and says, "My... My... I was just walking around. No harms done. I will go back on my own. There is no need for anyone to find me."

Third Prince Li Henxin closes his eyes and takes a deep breath before he looks at Xi Yinghua's smiling face, "Being my main wife no longer allows you to act according to your will. You have to be accompanied by your maid and guards for your own safety."

"Why? Aaahhh... You're the infamous Third Prince after all... A man everyone loves to hate. Poor Xi Yinghua... You're such a burden."

Rui An and Yingzi freeze on their spots and nervously look at each other. Why on earth their wangfei is provoking their wangye? Even His Majesty is being careful when he interacts with the Third Prince. But, their wangfei... Is she looking for an early death?

"A good-looking burden. I can live with that. Anyway... Wangye, why are you here for this humble one? Don't tell me that you are worried about me... Tell me the truth."

"Xi Yinghua... You are courting death. Come back with me now!"

Xi Yinghua snorts and says, "Okay... Fine... I will come back with you. Still... Can you buy this for me? I forgot to bring my money pouch with me."

Rui An and Yingzi trying their hard not to laugh out loud and look down once the Third Prince turn his back to sharply stare at both of them.

"Yingzi, pay the seller for all the hairpins. Wangfei, with all the hairpins, there is no longer a need for you to go out for the time being."

Xi Yinghua smiles as she walks pass by him, "Nonsense... There are more for me to look at. Wangye, I only need one hairpin. There is no need for you to buy all of it. But, if you insist... Meimei will be benefitted too. I will give to the maidservants as well. You will not stop me right?"

Third Prince Li Henxin nods his head and says, "Up to you. I am fine. But, please... Do not go out on your own."

"Okay. I will do just that. Thank you for being so generous..." She mumbles half-heartedly as she walks in front of him.

Third Prince Li Henxin stares at her back and has to applaud her bravery to talk back to him and treats him as she likes. He smiles and thinks how he is going to 'thanks' his imperial brother for this 'gift'.