♕Chapter 25♕

Princess - Chapter 25

CHAPTER DEDICATED TO JOHNNY ORLANDO

Lemme just say, his ep is truly IT.

Author's note: My break is almost over sigh but ima try to get a chapter published tomorrow.

-

MACKENZIE'S POV:

I dragged myself over to the direction of Johnny's neighborhood as if chains were attached to my feet. The sky's azure color regenerating into a dimmer tone by the minute– almost black, but not quite there yet– was the only motivation available for hiking faster.

I hadn't desired to speak to Johnny. And I doubt he wanted to even acknowledge my name either.

Although, Maddie had seemed to have a different vision in mind. Texts from the blonde vibrated from my phone every few minutes. Maddie thinking of it as motivation, I considered it pure torture.

What had I been supposed to tell Johnny anyway? That I'd finally made up my mind? Or that my older sister had come back from the dead and forced my decision on to me?

 Messages such as "run faster so he'll push it into you faster" and "rotting in jail isn't the thing you should me scared of, Lauren eating your organs will be much more pleasant. Run!"

Whether or not she considered these reassuring or not, she'd sure pushed me to both run, and... think.

Would jail really be a possibility? I'm a minor, locals wouldn't dare to throw me into there for over a week. For Johnny, possibly. A species such as Lauren would gladly mention the fact that this isn't the first time he'd spraypainted a wall illegally. 

What demon would rat their own brother out? I scoff to myself.

I'm sure the police wouldn't be quick to let it go, but jail seems too... surreal. Could it be as simple as paying a fee? Or possibly even community service? That honestly doesn't sound all too bad to me, anything is better than forcefully spending time with Lauren.

My long walk rewarding me with more than enough time to think, I'd finally been able to obtain a decision– partially from myself.

It's really always been Johnny.

From his charming personality to reckless moments such as vandalizing, there hasn't been a moment my heart didn't flutter for him. Johnny. Mentally speaking the name itself is enough to spark electricity through my heart, secure sweat in my palms, and overcome a smile onto me. No one else has been able to do that.

I don't know what is in store for the two of us. But I'd sure wanted to found out, and try– try to find a way out of this mess I'd made for the both of us and finally admit to loving each other.

He'd really changed me. Faith, and even Lauren, had changed me. As for the narcissistic bullying, I'm determined to apologize. What else am I going to do besides lease it to haunt me through the years, knowing I'd wounded someone the same way people used to wound me? 

I was going to be happy. I was going to have a happy relationship, apologize to all my friends I've hurt and finally be... me. And Maddie had just been the person to belatedly shove me into realizing I don't have to choose the not-so-smooth outcome.

I'm either going to keep Johnny all for myself and fix this mess, or die trying.

Swarms of vibrations flowing through my hand, I flinch and lazily stare at my phone's lock screen. "Run for head," I expressed out loud, chuckling at the authentic significance of the text. This was the Maddie I remembered. Subsequently deciding I've had enough, my hands let loose of the iPhone as it promptly rests in my pocket.