Angel of Tears-9

Cassiel's POV
I have no idea why I agreed to take angel with me but no point worrying about it now. Maybe seeing all the blood and gore she will stop asking all those damn questions. Probably wouldn't ever hug me again either....
Maybe no gore for today. We can do.... something else...? I... all I have is that same cycle and the idea of breaking it leaves me lost and clueless. I suppose I'll ask angel?

Angel doesn't seem interested in eating after the stunt that Aurelia pulled earlier. I'll punish her later. She chopped the head off of the monster I was planning on torturing at least one more day.

Luckily I was able to think quickly and turn the head into what should have been on that plate in the first place. I don't know why I was starting to care about what Angel thinks but that's something to figure out later.

I clear off the last bits of food still left on my plate, ignoring Angel bouncing up and down, impatient as always.

Standing up from the table, I waste no time, grip Angel around the waist, and moved us through space. The human world. I still felt a little like a shadow but a lot more solid as I have made my way up the ranks. I don't even care to remember how high of a title I have.

I look down to see Angel blushing, still securely in my arms. She bashfully looks down and away from me. Her rosy cheeks are almost as pink as her soft looking lips.

Then I was suddenly struck with the realization of just how pretty the girl in my arms was. The setting sun making her chocolate eyes melt to a lighter amber and making her skin seem to glow. The soft breeze picking up and teasing her long silk hair.

A strand of hair fluttered across her cheek and I felt myself slip into a trance as I tucked it softly behind her ear. That made her eyes snap up to me and her blush to deepen. And I liked it. That I had this effect on her. That a slight touch could leave her breathless and embarrassed.

She slowly stepped back and out of my arms and I let them drop to my side. She took the chance to look around us and confusion pinched her eyebrows together.
"Where are we?"
I shrugged, not bothering to look around me, "I don't care about names. I shift to places that need the most help. I clear the place of monsters and then come back somewhere else tomorrow."

"Help? Monsters? Wait do monsters actually exist??" She seemed worried by the last question.
"Of course they do. But monsters aren't always hideous and grossly deformed. Most monsters are normal men. What makes them monsters isn't physical appearance. Real monsters rape, maim, kill. They harm, they abuse, they torture.

"They don't care about anyone but themselves. So long as they get what they want, they don't care about treating us like animals, like dirt. My purpose is to hunt those monsters. That's what I do every single day.

"I work to clean the world of scum. A chore that will probably take centuries to finish." I didn't mean to monologue but oh well. Maybe giving her a long answer will mean less of all those damn questions.

"So you're like some kind of superhero? Ohhh what's you're hero name?" She giggled at the last part.
"I am no hero. I am a monster hunter if anything. But they call me Angel of Tears, Angel of death, and Bloody Angel to name a few."

That seemed to leave her quiet for a bit. She looked around again and this time I did the same. It looks like I was back in Athens. That made me really tired. I've visited this city more times than I could care to count. It's like there's an unending supply of scum.

I closed my eyes and I found each one of them. I sent the ones doing the worst things to my dungeons, nearly 100 of those, and instantly killed the rest.
You're welcome Athens. Your population was just lowered by 357.

That being done, I looked down at Angel and asked her what she wanted to do for the rest of the day.
"Um... I was wanting to visit my friend..."
"I suppose. Maybe then you can further reassure her you are happy with your choice."
"Choi-?!"

She was cut off as I pulled her back into my arms and moved us to outside her friend's house. It was early early in the morning now, the sun just about to rise.

"-ce?! You basically kidnapped me!"
"I also saved you."
"Hmph so you say," she seemed skeptical as she gave me a look.
I tilted my head down, close to hers, and whispered, "Why would I lie to you, darling?"

Her cheeks flamed as she sputtered a bit and I am the one to pull away this time.
"Just convince her you are happy with your choice. Don't try anything because I have ways to make sure you don't."