Azalea-12

Cassiel's POV

The Turned had its long bony fingers wrapped around my neck, choking me. I was running out of time, spots dancing and clouding my vision. I had to get out of here to get back to Angel.

I remembered the self defense moves that I once taught a poor assaulted girl, how to get out of a choke hold among other things. Cross your arms over theirs, your hands cupping their wrists, and force their elbows down with yours. They can't choke you properly like that and then tuck down your chin so they can't try to coke you again.

I remember this but I felt sluggish, weak, so very human. The Turned was so much stronger than I was now, it would be hard to knock down its elbows let alone keep them there. Plus, it was straddling me and getting out of it will prove to be very difficult.

But luckily it let go of my throat before I blacked out, leaving me coughing and furiously intaking all the air that I could.
"Oh don't worry, I won't let you die in such a painless way. I'm going to play with you before I let you die. We'll have so much fun!" Her face was uncomfortably close to mine, her smile pulling wide, spraying a mixture of saliva and blood on my face.

She then shoved a blade in front of my eyes, "We can play a game! It's called how many times can I cut you before you bleed out to death! Let's start now!"
And a sharp pain sliced across my arm.
"One," another on my chest, "two," one on my neck.

"Wait, wait! I have a better game in mind, it's called uh, hide, run, cut."
I had to take a chance and hope that the flower down into her arm and her cut up mouth meant she was into self-mutilation. 
"We both either run or hide and whoever finds the other first, gets to cut the other however deep they want. Killing me becomes more fun and you'll get some more pretty cuts out of it."

"Ohhhhh that does sound like fuuun, but how do I know you won't just run away?"
"Because I want to cut and kill you too. It'll be a contest," I was tempted to run once this 'game' started but I had a feeling that if I didn't deal with this now, it would just end up haunting us.
"Alright, alright, I'll play. I don't trust that you're telling the truth but if you're not I'll just have even more fun hunting you down! Ready, set, go!"

And then it sprung up and ran off in a seemingly random direction. Alright, time to stand and buy myself some time before I can try finding her first. I need to find my own knife while I'm at it too.

So I shakily rose to my feet and started running in the opposite direction. I noticed earlier that the further away from the turned I had gotten, the more of my power I had gotten back. Maybe my loss of power has something to do with the turned. Doesn't matter, right now I need to run.