Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Andy and Ethan sat by the pool as Andrew light up the grill, they were having a nice family cookout for the weekend. ‘’How are you, I mean after finding out about your parents?’’ Ethan asks Andy while tightening his arm around Andy’s waist. Andy smiles as his gaze finds Drew and David arguing about something.

Then his smile grew bigger when he saw Drew kissing a pouting David, he turns to his boyfriend and he laughs softly.

‘’Honestly,’’ he says and shakes his head to make sure his mind could find the right words.

‘’At first I was hurt, I saw the baby videos at how happy they seem even after growing in the foster care, to find that kind of love and make it last enough to have me is amazing, I kind of resent them, my birth dad for abandoning us to go to the army and getting killed, and mom for driving late at night and leaving me with a babysitter, but most of all I resent them for dying and leaving me.’’ Andy chuckles at how stupid he sounded once he had voiced it out, ‘’but they loved me, they showed it in the videos and I’m grateful because I had their love and now I get to have it again with my amazing fathers,’’ David’s shouts made Andy stop talking to turn and look at them, Drew had lifted David up on his shoulder like a cave man and was walking towards the pool, then David was thrown into the pool but not before dragging Drew with him.

‘’They love you, we all do.’’ Ethan whispers with his lips close to Andy’s ear making him shiver.

‘’I know and I can’t help but ask myself how did I get so lucky?’’ Andy replies pressing tighter into Ethan’s lips.

‘’I ask the same thing myself, for the longest time I waited for Andrew and Evan to show their true colors, I was so sure everyone out there was just put on this earth to hate me, and didn’t see a good thing even when it was right in front of me. I was so afraid that one day I would wake up and they would kick me out, after all if my parents didn’t want me why would total strangers? That’s why I couldn’t let my guard down, I was so fucking scared to let them in and get hurt.’’ Ethan said with a hunted expression as his watery gaze turns to his adoptive fathers.

At that same moment Andrew as if he had felt Ethan’s stare his eyes met his son’s and gave him a fatherly smile, he wave a hand to Ethan to come to him and Ethan without a second thought stands up and pulls Andy up with him. They both walk slowly towards Andrew and stop right next to him.

‘’Ethan, we just got the papers stating  your new name has been change to Evan’s today, you’re officially not dating your nephew.’’ Andy giggles and wraps his hand up on Ethan’s neck.

‘’You change your name so you could date me? But what if I wanted an incest relationship?’’ Andy teases and hears Andrew chuckle.

‘’Well then that would make you like father like son.’’ He states and Andy and Ethan look at each other with a confuse expression on their faces.