Chapter 5

Bear

From all the myths Bear had heard about Freya, he always admired it in a fairy tale way (if you know what I mean), but now that he was actually there, it was a whole lot cooler. Although, to be fair, landing on the quiet beach with no one else but them, he was wondering why the place was so deserted. Oh well. Now they were inside Alex's old house, and everyone was choosing their roommates. Bear thought the inside of the house was plain, nice and simple, but there was enough personal décor to make the place feel like people had actually lived there, not some empty shell of a place filled with past memoires. When Alex had asked about sleeping arrangements, everyone just froze and hesitantly looked at each other, not sure who they should share a room with, as Alex and Kaiden had linked hands, Jordan had his arm around D.C.'s waist, and Declan had his arm across Bear's shoulder.

In the end, it was Declan that came out and announced, quietly, "I'd like to share a room with Bear, if you don't mind." He was blushing furiously, and so was Bear, and both boys were looking down at their feet and fidgeting with the ends of their shirts.

"Well, if that's gonna happen, then I'm sharing with Dix," Jordan said, with a quick glance at Bear. "No offence, Kaiden, but I don't really wish to share a room with you anytime soon."

"Jordan!" Squeaked D.C., fisting her hands into his shirt. A bright flush was creeping up her neck and onto her face, making her fiery red hair stand out more than usual. With a quick chuckle, Jordan kissed her on the cheek before looking to Alex for permission.

"Fine, fine. Declan and Bear can share this room," she pointed to a bedroom to the left of where they were standing, "Jordan and Dix can have that one," she waved her hand at the master bedroom, "and I guess that means Kaiden and I will take my old room," she finished, gesturing to the room at the end of the corridor. "Now that room arrangements are settled, why don't you guys unpack and meet downstairs whenever you're ready?"

Nods were shared all around the corridor as everyone scrambled to unpack, not wanting to waste any more time dawdling around. Bear headed over to the room he was sharing with Declan and threw his bag onto the left hand side of the bed they were going to share. Declan arrived in the room shortly after, and started unpacking his clothes into the wardrobe. Bear started doing the same and within ten minutes they were both done. "Shall we go downstairs now?" Declan asked, starting towards the door.

Bear walked over to the door and took Declan's hand in his. "We shall," he answered, and they both made their way downstairs, hand in hand.