Chapter 14

Kaiden

The six friends were all back at Alex's place, lounging around after a long day at school, and some of them were outside on the beach. The fact that Alex won her race against Avery was no big deal to them; they all knew she would win, whether she used her Meyarin super-speed or not. It turns out that the Freyans needed a taste of Finn's P.E. sessions. Kaiden couldn't help imagining their P.E. teacher scaring the hell out of all of the Freyan teens and chasing them around with his laser stick. The sound of someone clearing their throat brought Kaiden out of his little reverie. He quickly shook his head to clear it of the weird (but funny) images that took place in it, and he turned to face a very amused-looking Alex.

"What?" he said, trying to sound annoyed, but failed. Unfortunately for him, Alex knew him too well for those kinds of tricks. It was like she could see right through him. His response to her look only made her mirth grow.

She sat down next to him, snuggling into his side before repeating what she said before, when Kaiden was still thinking about Finn using his laser stick on the Freyan teens. "I was saying that maybe it would be nice if we go for a little evening swim." It was a statement, but Alex's voice went up at the end of the sentence, making it sound a lot like a question. Kaiden turned his blue gaze down on her and saw the question in her beautiful brown eyes that he had always loved.

Kaiden hoisted her off the sofa along with himself, and quietly whispered in her ear "I'd love to." Those words sent a pleasant tingle down Alex's spine, and a mischievous smile spread across her face before she grabbed his hand and pulled him upstairs, where they both got changed into their swimwear. Shortly after, they had both ran downstairs and raced each other to the shoreline, and Kaiden had told Alex it wouldn't be fair if she used her Meyarin speed (but she still did, anyways).

All their friends just looked over at them confusedly, wondering why Kaiden was even bothering to race the blur of an Alex, especially when he knew he was going to lose. They watched as Kaiden got splashed with seawater by Alex, who was already in the crystal-clear sea. There was just a slight breeze that evening, so it was perfect when Kaiden joined Alex in the water and pulled her in for a kiss. When he pulled back, he was grinning so widely that Alex had to splash him again to sober him up. This started a full-out splash war, with Declan, Bear, Jordan and D.C. joining them; Alex, D.C., and Bear versus Kaiden, Jordan and Declan. They were at it for almost half an hour until Alex said they all had to go back inside and eat.

* * *

After eating dinner and showering, since it was still quite early, Jordan and Bear suggested that they should watch a movie. Everyone looked at Alex for a recommendation, since no one else knew what Freyan movies there were. Until D.C., who was sitting down next to Jordan quietly, spoke up.

"Um, I don't know how to say this," she said nervously, squirming slightly and looking down at her feet, "but I may have done some research on Freyan movies in the Oakwood High library." Everyone just looked at her, dumbfounded. When did she have time to go to the library during school hours? And how did she even know where to start looking for something like this?

Eventually, Alex broke the silence with a sigh, then looked at her best friend. "OK Dix, do you have anything in mind you want to watch?" Everyone sat up straight, wondering what movie D.C. would choose for them to watch tonight.

Kaiden could literally see the gears turning in the princess's head and she took a long time before finally answering. "I think..." she broke off to continue thinking of something they would hopefully all like. "I think we should watch The Sound of Music."

And that's chapter 14 done. Sorry for taking a bit longer than usual to update. And is it just me, or is this thing getting a bit boring quickly? So I'm soon going to write another TMC fanfic, and I was thinking a HTTYD and TMC crossover; does that sound any good? Anyways, if all goes well, you should expect to see that one coming up soon, so ya.