Chapter One

*All I see are those brown eyes looking back into mine. I felt nothing but happiness. Not a care in the world while he was next to me. I get so lost in those beautiful brown eyes that keep me falling*

Who is shining that damn light in my eyes. I can't move everything feels achy. What was I dreaming about...

"Why good morning miss! We have been waiting on you for a while, do you know where you are?" Asked the doctor.

"Uhh, a hospital I'm guessing but exactly where ?"

He stood there for a few minutes looking at the chart. Why isn't he answering? His name tag read Greenwald. He doesn't seem very old, mid thirties maybe. Not very tall, pretty chubby, too.

"I'm Dr. Greenwald and I have been your doctor for 8 months. You were in an accident that put you in a coma. We are at the Sanford Health in Bismarck, North Dakota. Your vitals seem good. Nothing broken anymore. Do you know who you are and the year?" Only one of his eyebrows shot up along with his question.

"My name is Ophelia Temple and it's 2017."

"Well, not quite, it is 2019.'

TWO YEARS?? How could I not know. What happened between two years? Where do I live? I'm not in school anymore?

"Ms. Temple? Ms. Temple, do you have anyone to call? I would have had your friends put their numbers down but they had to leave in a hurry. Is there any family you can call?" asked the doctor.

"Friends? They left too quick- wait my family hasn't come at all in 8 months?"

WHAT KIND OF FAMILY DOESN'T COME AND SEE THEIR DAUGHTER WHILE SHE'S IN THE HOSPITAL? I get it. They have better things to do. Fine. I won't talk to anyone. I do want to know who came to see me though.

I signed to get myself released. The nurses brought my things. No phone? Hm. What kind of outfit is this? Fashion can't get this horrible.Looking in the mirror, I looked almost the same. I mean my hair has grown, I've always loved my long brown hair. I haven't grown any, not surprising. Where am I going? Rummaging through my purse I found keys and my I.D. Sweet. I'll just go to the address on my I.D. Now to find what I drive, definitely not the same car from two years ago. I went down to the parking garage and pushed the key fob buttons until I saw lights. Dang, I did good for myself. Nissan Maxima isn't too bad. My car navigation brought me to this apartment building. This is going to be fun. Three floors of searching. I'll probably have to try and find the main office.

Third floor, apartment 304, these places should invest in some elevators let me tell you.

I spent most of my day trying to figure out if my dream were just a dream or was it a memory? All I can remember are those eyes.