Chapter Six

We both sat on the edge of the bed. I want to know why I'm so emotional over this man. Jimin instantly started crying but he tried to hide it from me. He turned away and wiped his tears away. For some reason I wanted to be the person to calm him down and stop crying. I wanted to make him happy. 
"I'm so sorry. I know it's all my fault." His voice cracked, "It's been so hard without you. It was also hard seeing you in the hospital."
I hesitated for a second but put my hand on back and rubbed it. I hope that comforts him at least a little.

"Please don't cry. Seeing you hurt-it hurts me, too. I'm not sure why I remember your name or why I would rather take your pain so you wouldn't have to deal with it but I'd take it away so fast if I could." That's when he looked at me and got up to pace the room. I think I broke his heart. 

"You don't know why you remember my name? Why would you say that? Do you... Do you not remember me?" He wouldn't break eye contact with me. He squatted in front of me and grabbed both of my hands. "Ophelia, please tell me you remember me."

"I...I can't say that I do. I'm really sorry but I can feel that we must have had something. I um. I don't have memories that well."

That's when he lost it. He got up and threw the closest thing to him at the wall. Which happened to be MY phone I literally just bought. Without thinking, I got up and hugged him. His warm body. I kept my face close to his chest, he hugged me so tight.
"I miss these hugs. I wish you remembered. I've been your boyfriend for a year and a half. I stayed so long at the hospital with you." 

I looked into his eyes, he started to try and kiss me until I pulled away. He dug through his pockets and took out an iphone. 
"This is yours. I've been holding onto it for you. Here. You can call me whenever you want. It's really late I should be going," he paused for a moment, "I will be texting you soon. I'm going to make sure you remember me. As long as it takes." 

He walked out of the door, what he said stuck in my head. I began to lay down but my phone rang, two missed calls from Yoongi. I called him back.

"Hello? Why'd you call me it's almost four a.m. Yoongi!" 
"Meet me in fifteen minutes at the park by your hotel, we need to talk." He hung up.

Okay Yoongi, sketchy. I went to the park and he was trying to be creepy by sitting at the top of the slide.
"Over here!" He waved over, "did you know that I got a small nap today so I'm going to be so cranky tomorrow? Anyway, Jimin is real upset. He's in our room thinking of ways to get you to remember. How much do you remember?" He asked me.

"Not much from the last two years. I don't know why I was even in the hospital, I don't remember being with him. I don't remember dating him." I looked away, seeing someone else in the distance.

"That's only Hoseok. He came here with me but wanted to let me talk to you. Jimin blames himself for the accident. He got to walk away with a broken arm while you were.. You know," He raised his eyebrows and looked at Hoseok dance in the middle of the dark street before he continued. "He went and visited you almost every day up until we had to leave. He'd shoo us away so he could talk to you and sing to you. Jimin wrote you letters the day he found out you were in a coma."
Yoongi pulled out a light gray box labeled My Love. "I got to be going, Hoseok needs a dance partner. I'll see you later." He jumped up and walked away.

I took the box to my room, I'm not ready to read the letters. I turned my phone on, the lock screen is a photo of me and Jimin in what looks like a dance studio. Super cute picture. I went through my gallery, let me tell you I had so many videos of the guys acting like dorks! I came across a video of Jimin cooking and singing for me in the kitchen. I closed my eyes and tried to remember that day... nothing. I gave up and got some sleep instead. 

8 a.m. 
I banged on Franny's door so that we could leave, the drive home is what I don't want to do. 
"Good morning miss I ruin good moments!" She said rolling her eyes.
"Girl you are going to be in MY car, slow your roll." We got into the car and I instantly got to thinking but it all slid out of my mouth- "Franny did you know who I was from the beginning?" She sat there quiet and mumbled "yes."
"YOU BITCH! WHY THE HELL WOULDN'T YOU TELL ME? DID YOU WANT TO WORK FOR ME JUST BECAUSE OF WHO I DATE?" My face turned as red as a tomato. I'm furious. 

"Well, first it was because I guessed that you knew who you were. Then, I thought the opportunity about meeting them because of you. That's kind of why I applied. BUT YOU LEFT BEFORE I COULD EVEN HUG ALL OF THEM! NOW I HAVE TO GET MY PILLS SINCE YOU GAVE ME A HEADACHE." She unbuckled her seat belt and reached towards the back seats but she couldn't reach it so she stepped on her seat trying to reach. The road got curvy so I began to turn, her feet flung in the air between our seats.
"I got to reaaachh" She said pulling her words until she kicked on her feet and her flip-flop got stuck on my wheel.
"FRANNY!"

That's the last thing I said before my car hit another and rolled into the ditch.

"Sir, I can't let you in there. If you aren't immediate family then I'm not allowed to let you in."
"THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS. I'll be waiting right outside of this door then." He pouted and sat on the ground. 

I opened my eyes, great. The hospital again. 
"Ma'am, do you know where you are?"
"Yeah yeah yeah. The hospital, the year is 2019, I'm Ophelia Temple."
The doctor raised her eyebrows, "Okay, you seem well and awake. You're in Saskatchewan, you got into an accident. You are lucky you only have a broken leg. You did bump your head a little bit but a few stitches fixed her right up! Your friend is in surgery, her mom is flying here right now Also, do you know this man sitting outside the door? He says his name is Jimin? Should I let him in?" She questioned

"Yes, I'd like him to be in here with me. That's my boyfriend."