Chapter Four

Franny seemed very selective on the things she'd tell me about the guys. She talked about how amazing their choreography in their music videos but wouldn't show me. 

"You probably shouldn't tell anyone else that you listen to them... People can be very judge-mental. I, being myself, don't care what people think. I don't know about you."

Her phone keep buzzing, her mouth dropped.

"OH MY GOD! You'll never guess what my mom just did! She bought tickets-UP FRONT TICKETS I'M GOING TO BE SO CLOSE TO THEM. THREE WEEKS. I hope Tae-Hyung stares into my soul and runs away with me. Hey! Do YOU want to go with me?" 

She had a smirk on her face but grabbed my arms and started yelling-

"WE'RE GOING TO BTS! AHHHH! WE'RE GOING TO SEE THE BOYSSS!"

I sat there laughing at her but agreeing to go, maybe it will be good to go out and have some fun plus gain a new friend. I don't seem to have any. She took me home, 2 a.m. We hung out that long? I'm exhausted, might as well catch a few hours of sleep before getting up to catch up for work. Franny came over around 7 a.m. to plan a bar mitzvah at the civic center. I didn't talk much during work.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I haven't been doing much for two weeks. Just work and home, I'd hang out with Franny here and there after work but not too much. She's so pumped for this concert next week. I need to leave my apartment for a bit, by myself. I need time alone even though that's what I have stuck to. I decided to go to the nail and hair salon to get my nails done. I had taken one step through the door when someone caught my attention.

"OPHELIA! SWEETIE" She started waving her hands in the air, "OVER HERE COME SIT BY ME!"

I hesitated for a second until I recognized her, my mom. She looks like she lost 50 pounds and dyed her hair. You could tell she did it at home, dark hair and bleach don't make blonde in one session, it's so orange. The nail stylist looked disgusted with my mothers choice of how she treated her hair. I took a seat next to her, she stared at me with a giant smile and wide eyes.

"How have you been? I'm sorry if I haven't texted you lately. I have been doing so good for myself- new boyfriend and apartment! Your father took the dogs and your little sister. " She covered her face with her hands and started to weep, I'm so confused. I thought my parents were together? And dogs? We could never have dogs since I'm allergic. 

"What do you mean boyfriend? What happened to you and dad? What did I miss? You haven't even asked how I have been. You just pour your problems right out. Why would you guys get dogs in the first place? So that I can't go over there?" I folded my arms and sat back into my chair waiting on her answer. She removed her hands, no tears. Hm, okay. She looked angry. 

"You don't know how it's been. You stopped texting me almost a year ago. You selfish girl. Have you even checked on your dad or sister!" She pointed at me and then threw her arms back into the air. Her sleeves rolled up to the motions and then I found out why she had lost so much weight. I  stood up in front of her, cutting her off from yelling at me.

"YOU EXPECT ME TO SIT HERE AND LISTEN TO YOU WHILE YOUR'E RUINING YOUR LIFE ALONG WITH MY SISTERS? DOES SHE KNOW WHY SHE CAN'T SEE YOU? WHAT A WONDERFUL MOTHER YOU ARE. I HAVE BEEN IN A FUCKING COMA AND YOU THINK I'M IGNORING YOU? FUCK YOU. STAY AWAY FROM ME."

I started to stomp away when someone else started yelling my name. He looked semi tall but I'm not good at telling since he was sitting in the hair salons seat, the stylist was putting dye into his blonde hair. Oh god, not another person

"Ophelia? Is that really you?" 

"No, no, no, no, no! I'm not dealing with anymore today!" I yelled running out

"Ophelia! Wait!"

He stood at the door watching me drive away. I started to cry into my hands when I parked at my apartment building. Why can so much change in such a short amount of time? My parents got divorced? Or are separated? My poor sister had to deal with going through that while I can't remember anything. I do wonder who that man was. Franny called me three times, ugh why.

"Hello?"

"Bitccchhh! Get a suitcase ready, want to go to Canada early and party it up? Spend a couple days touring around before the concert, I think it would be fun?" 

"I need some fun so yes! I'll be ready. My car or yours?" 

"Yours, mine kind of got into a fender bender today."

She came over around 10 a.m. with some redbull zingers. Life-saver, I need energy. i could barely sleep last night. I should have let that stranger talk to me but I was too upset over my mom. We packed up we started to drive. 

"I call aux cord! BTS the whole way, better be ready!" 

Next stop- Canada.