Chapter X. Bad Luck.

“Appearance could be deceiving” I murmured to myself while staring at him from afar. As always, the sight of him made my heart race with mixture of perversity. It’s been a while now, happy weeksary to us guy-that-i-don’t-even-know-the-name. I know that we fit together like two matching puzzle pieces. I was so busy staring at him that I didn’t even notice the guy running towards me and the next thing I know I was laying on the ground with a stranger on top of me. What the?!

I struggled and yell at him “Get off me!” It’s the creepy guy yesterday who went out from Mother Nature! He manage his way back up then brush his long wavy hair from his forehead.

“Hello! Girl you just bumped needs help over here!” I sarcastically groaned at him.

He looks at me. FLAT.

I was waiting for an apology from him but he didn’t say anything. AGAIN.

He walks away from me as if nothing happened. AGAIN!

Relax. I always manage to control my temper but with this guy? It’s impossible. Suddenly, I felt a sting of pain below my hips as I force myself to stand-up. I’m torturing him in my mind right now, punishing his rude behaviour. I compose myself and slowly walk towards the powder room.

“Oh you got to be kidding me!” my uniform is messy again. I couldn’t take off the dirt pasted on it. What’s happening to the world? I was so eager to go home and throw my uniform on the laundry. The thought of him on top of me came across my mind. Gross! I grab some tissue papers on the side of the mirror and hardly rubbed it on my skin. I don’t like this feeling.

I heard the bell rings. Recess time is over and I need to hurry-up or I might be late for the third class of the day. AGAIN. I don’t even know this guy, but he brings bad luck.

On my way up to the second floor of the building, I saw a huge crowd of girls giggling at the side of the altar. Some are even putting some make-up even though it’s not appropriate for their age. As I come closer to the crowd, I saw Cassandra giggling with them as well. What? I approached her and slowly tap her shoulders. She didn’t even bother to look at me; she just keeps on chatting with them while giggling like a snake is playing inside their skirts.

“Cassandra” I cleared my throat. Cassandra knew it was as she heard my voice. She squeals loudly, I covered my ears and just hope that I didn’t call her in the first place.

“OH MY GOSH!” she exclaimed while jumping up and down. There’s only one thing that can make her do this.. Boys.

I look at her with my eyebrows rising.  What? She stretches her arms up then point her index finger somewhere. I followed the direction of her finger and there, I saw a guy with painting a face on the wall of the corridor of the stage with a sign at the back of his uniform “Give me Love”. The face on the painting is not clear but it was really good though. I couldn’t see the face of the guy, only his back broad shoulders.

I must admit it’s really sweet. As the guy turns his back away from us, his façade was seen clearly. His sweat is pouring from his hairline yet it looks neat and very manly. I felt like the building is going to collapse as the girls screams with their lungs out of their system. I, on the other hand, silently walk away towards the classroom. Cassandra followed me.

Surprisingly, the room is empty…Except for the guy sleeping at the back of the fourth row.

I greeted him “Good Afternoon” as I enter the classroom but he didn’t respond. He must be sleeping really well. As usual, I choose to sit in front of the second row and start reading some novels. It’s been 30 minutes and still no lecture?

I look at my wrist watch; it’s almost 3 o’clock in the Afternoon. I look at the guy at the fourth row, he’s still sleeping. After 5 minutes more, our educator came in. She smiled at me and I return her smile.

“Miss Lockhart, I would like to inform you that the board elected you to be organizer of the Ball next month” she gladly told me “and of course, you’ll get some credits from me” and that’s what I want to hear.  She looks at the guy sleeping at looks at me again. She clears her throat.

“Miss Lockhart did you already meet your partner at the ball?” her voice was soft but steady

“Partner?” I repeated dumbly. Truth is, I’m confused.

Her lips started to let go of an expression “Oh” as she walks towards the sleeping guy. Well, he must be nice. She clears her throat and taps his shoulder slowly. I just look at them, she gave me a smile that looks like something’s bad is about to happen. He unleashed a groan from the corner of the room then lifted his face.

“Miss Lockhart, this is Mr. Smith and he’s going to be your partner for the ball” she said seriously.

“But why?” I can’t help myself but to disagree with her. “He can’t be my partner. I mean, according to the rule book we are free to choose whoever we want. You can’t appoint me to be his partner”. I’d rather drown myself than to be his partner.

“You’re the organizer Miss Lockhart and you need a partner to organize every detail. You don’t have time to find a partner for the dance. You can thank me after the ball” before I can say anything else, she just vanished in front of us.

Leaving me with this cold-blooded monster, Is this some kind of a practical joke?

“Excuse me.. So, when are we going to start planning?” I said, hoping to get some serious answer. He didn’t say anything. I repeat my question for the second time but he just smirk at me. He stand up and fix his hair but I wouldn’t allow him to walk away from me again. I stand in front of him with both of my arms blocking his way.

“Not again” I said trying to be polite with the tune of my voice. He cross his arms in front of his chest and rolled his eyeballs. WTF?

“Are you that arrogant? I don’t even want to be your partner. You just keep on ruining my day and you bring bad luck!” my voice was louder than I thought.

The room was filled with silence until he breaks it with his sarcastic laugh.

What’s so funny?

“Trust me, you’re the last girl that I ever wanted to date” his voice sounded rough and cold. It seems like he haven’t used it for a long time. That hurts! His rude! And he just passed through me by bumping my arms. No. No. Not Again. I grab the back of his shirt and we lost our balance and we both stumbled on the ground but this time on the one on top of him. AGAIN! 

"Woah! What's happening here?!" there you are Cassandra. 

Hi! Do you like the story? I hope you did. If you like it please kindly click the Vote/Star button at the right side of your screen and it will really make my day. Thank You.