CHAPTER 58

Renleigh Kensington

The charity ball was in process and I couldn't wait to send out the invitations. It was always nice to do something good, something that benefited me and others. I mean yeah, my presence was enough but some people preferred my money more than my face. Which I didn't have a problem with – I was the same way. I preferred money more than people in general.

Speaking of which – money, of course – I knew one of my employees was going to get a pay rise soon enough. Danielle Jones, to be exact. I thought a lot about her position ever since I hired a new PA. Liam was new and fresh, he had a lot to learn but he was also a quick learner and someone who was eager to progress. I felt like Danielle was held back as an EA and I needed her to put her time, effort and energy into something that would challenge her more and do more good for the company. Not that her being an EA was a bad role for her but I knew she could handle much more.

So, in my head, I decided to make Liam my EA and give Danielle a COO position. I knew that was a big responsibility and I did have my doubts of her accepting the role. She was always modest and liked to stay back and do her work quietly. However, I knew if I planted the idea in her head, she would be on board pretty quickly. As for Liam, I knew he would adjust smoothly, he was doing amazing for someone who never worked as a PA before and being an EA only included a few more tasks which I knew he would be fine with.

I set up a meeting for that once I thought everything out because I wanted to get things sorted as soon as it was possible. It excited me that I could do something good for my employees and make them love working for me. That was the only way I wanted them to come to work. To be excited and interested and entertained.

I had a lunch coming on the way which I was really excited for. It was a Wagamama's chicken katsu curry and although I knew it would stink up my office, I didn't care. It tasted too good for that to be a problem. And just as my thoughts travelled over to my lovely lunch, my personal delivery boy arrived with it.

"Yay! You made it back on record time!" I laughed as I stood up from my desk and walked over to Mason to grab one of the bags. Yes. Mason Styles was my personal delivery boy. "Did you get the chicken gyozas, too?"

"Of course," he nodded. "And the coconut and fig cheesecake, too."

"Ah, wonderful," I sighed as we sat down around the coffee table near the couch. "You know, this is not really business stuff. What even will you tell your teachers?"

"Well, you do show me more than anyone else would show so I will be fine," he shrugged. The whole point of him being here was to gain some work experience. He had a week to work somewhere so he didn't need to attend college for that time. When he came to find me that afternoon, he came to ask me if I could interview him and pretty much give him a spot on my team somewhere so he could work. When I asked him why didn't he go to his brother for work or his parents, he simply said he didn't want to owe them anything and he knew people in college would comment on it which he didn't want.

So, me being the amazing and wonderful person that I am, I gave him a time and date for an interview. He came in and answered everything as best as he could – he was only sixteen, I didn't expect as much as I would have from someone around my age with past experience – and I decided to give him the position regardless. I did give him feedback on his performance, rather truthfully, and he seemed really pleased with it. He mentioned that I gave constructive criticism as opposed to just biting his head off and he agreed on the points I made. So far, that had to have been the most professional I have ever spoken to him. Today was his second day and it was rather lazy compared to yesterday.

I didn't have a lot of work to do so I just showed him around and told him things I probably shouldn't have. It was very not CEO of me to spill out stuff about my company and there was the possibility of it all coming back and biting me in the arse but I felt like I could trust Mason. He trusted me, too. We actually got along nicely. We spoke the same language and I think that was what attracted him to me. And by that, I mean I treated him like I would have treated someone my age. I was very straight forward with him, I gave him the respect he deserved and that wasn't because of his name or his family, it was because it was only right. He had pure intentions and it seemed like the world gave him enough shit to deal with therefore I didn't want to add to that pile.