Chapter Two

Chapter Two

*Flashback*

"Ms. Carmon! You're assignment for this class was to write a song, not cover one!" Mrs. Baker said. Music class was always my least favorite. One, because I'm a freshman and Mrs. Baker eats them for breakfast. Two, because I want to express myself. When I'm being forced to write songs I'm not expressing anything except for slavery. 

"I know, I remixed a song and made the melody my own though." I said timidly. 

"Oh? Why don't you show the class your remixed song?" 

I class stayed silent as I made my way to the front of the music room. I picked up one if the acoustic guitars in the room and sat down on a stool. I scanned the class. I saw the faces of my friends and classmates. I saw the face of the creep boy who has a crush on me. I saw the face of Jenny, the girl who hates my guts. And I saw the face of my crush. My crush that I've been crushing in since the first day of school. It's November now. 

"Okay, well-"

"Stop!" Mrs. Baker interrupted. "Ms. I-Remix-Songs, introduce yourself like the rock star you act as."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. Constantly people were making fun of me because I'm passionate about something. Music. All they're passionate about is sex, drugs, and football. "Well, I'm Hailee Dallas and this-"

"What?" she interrupted again. 

"What did I do wrong this time?" I asked shyly. 

"Dallas is not your last name!"

I sighed. "Hi. I'm Hailee Carmon. This is my version of the song 'Iris' by The Goo Goo Dolls."

"And I'd give up forever to touch you,

'Cause I know that you feel me somehow. 

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be,

And I don't want to go home right now.  

And all I can taste is this moment,

And all I can breathe is your life,

And sooner or later it's over,

I just don't wanna miss you tonight.

And I don't want the world to see me,

'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.

When everything's made to be broken,

I just want you to know who I am.

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming,

Or the moment of truth in your lies.

When everything feels like the movies,

Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive.

And I don't want the world to see me,

'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.

When everything's made to be broken, 

I just want you to know who I am.

I just want you to know who I… oohhh.

And I don't want the world to see me,

'Cause I don't think that they'd understand.

When everything's made to be broken,