Chapter Three

Chapter Three

*Flashback*

"Okay, smile!" the camera lady ordered happily as Alex and I stood for our prom pictures. 

We smiled happily then walked into the gym that was transformed into a setting that looked like Paris. I smiled down, looking at my beautiful prom dress. I didn't have enough money for one, so Alex bought it for me on the spot. 

He led me over to the guys, who were by the punchbowl. "Hey guys, how does she look?" Alex asked with a cocky grin. 

"Oh crap! Hails, you look awesome!" Zack complimented. He surprisingly came here without a date. Since he just broke up with his last girlfriend he only wanted to party. Not get serious with another girl. 

"Yeah, purely amazing." Rian added with a smile. His girlfriend laughed and playfully hit his stomach. "Oh come on, you know I love you." he told her, making her blush. She gave him a small kiss whilst still smiling and blushing. 

Now, Jack didn't say anything. He just stared at me with his mouth hanging open. Just like Zack, Jack came here dateless. He wanted to ask me, according to Alex, but didn't want to get rejected. 

Alex smirked at Jack. "She looks good, doesn't she?"

Jack slowly nodded. 

I was wearing a long, dark blue dress with no straps. My shoes were silver heels and my nails were the same color as my dress. My long blonde hair was curled and my eye makeup was shadowy, making my green eyes pop. (A/N: Picture in the side. ->)

Alex wrapped his arm around my waist, making me blush a deep red. "We're gonna go dance." He smirked to the guys. He walked us over to the middle of the gym floor with all the other dancers. I wrapped my arms around his neck while he placed his on my waist and began swaying us slowly. 

"Thanks Alex…" I whispered. 

"Thanks? For what?" he chuckled. 

"Taking me."

"It's no problem. I wanted to." He smiled down at me. 

I leaned up and kissed his cheek. I love you Alex, I said in my head. 

*End of Flashback*

I sighed. I hadn't thought about my past with Alex since I was talking to Summer at the bar in the venue we were playing at. But that was a month and a half ago. Now she is gone in I think Michigan with her boyfriend. And I'm here in New York, outfit shopping with my band for the AP Awards. 

I kept thinking about that. Prom night was so long ago, but it's still a memory I can recall as clear as day. Prom night was one of the best nights of my life. Who couldn't forget theirs?

I looked through the racks of clothes as Melody was buying her outfit, Diego went to the bathroom, and Jade and Leah went to try on outfits. I also had a five year old holding my hand, pointing and smiling at things he saw in the store. 

Jade came out of the fitting room first. She had a cute skirt and a David Bowie shirt. This is what we usually wore. Skirts and short sleeves all year round, even during seasons like now; fall and soon to be winter. 

She turned around to show the back of her outfit. "So," she started as she turned back to Sam and I. "How do I look? Awards worthy?"

I smiled and nodded. "Heck yeah! Dude, you look great!"

Sammie giggled. "Yeah Auntie Jade! You look very pretty!" 

The two of us burst out laughing. "Oh my gosh! Sammie, thank you!" Jade told him as she bent down and gave him a small forehead kiss. 

He giggled and smiled. 

This was when Diego and Melody found us in the middle of the clothes section of the store. They both had surprised expressions. 

"Hey, what's up?" I asked curiously. 

"A fan of ours noticed me. She and her friend know we are here in this store. Maybe we should leave." Melody explained. 

Diego nodded. 

Sam pouted. "No! Mommy still needs to get a dress for the show!" he protested. 

I giggled. "Sammie you can help me find an outfit." I smiled at him. I looked up at Melody, Diego, and Jade. "Melody, go bring the van around. Diego, go get Leah and see if she found her outfit. And Jade, come help me look for something to wear." 

They all nodded as Sam, Jade, and I went to go find one more outfit. I tried on a few things, and then found the perfect outfit. As I was walking out of the fitting rooms I bumped into someone. Or more like two people. One had bleached blonde hair and fake tan skin. The other one had brown curly hair and was wearing… an All Time Low shirt. 

The blonde girl started freaking out. Were these the girls who saw Melody? "Oh my God! I knew I saw Melody! I knew you guys were here! You're Hailee Dallas! I love your band!" Blondie freaked out. 

I smiled. "Wow, thanks."

"My name is Kathy and this is Lisa," Blondie said, pointing to her friend. Lisa, huh? "Can we get your autographs?" Kathy asked. 

I slowly nodded. "Okay, sure." I grabbed a sharpie from my purse and signed Kathy's arm. I turned to Lisa. "Where do you want me to sign, Lisa?" I asked. 

She smiled and grabbed a blank paper from her purse. While I signed it she spoke up. "Hey, I feel like I know you somehow. Did you go to the same high school as me?" she asked. 

I shook my head. "Probably not. I dropped out," I sighed, remembering how that was a huge mistake. "So I doubt it."

She shrugged. They said thank you and walked away, just like I did. "Wait!" Lisa called back. I turned around and looked at her. 

"Yeah?"

"Are you friends with All Time Low?" she questioned. 

I felt a pang in my chest. She must know them somehow. I shook my head once more. "No," I lied. "I've never met them."

She shrugged and walked away again, this time not calling for me. 

I walked over to Jade and Sam as white as snow. Jade caught on. "Hails, what's wrong? You look like you saw a ghost." she chuckled. 

I chuckled along with her, but I know I was confused. What's not right with this picture? Why is my past coming back to haunt me? "Nothing Jade. Come on; let's go pay for our outfits and leave. We need to practice." 

A/N: Hey! I hope you guys liked the chapter. I promise they will get longer, but right now it's just getting into the story. So, comment and tell me what you thought of the chapter, vote for it if you liked it, and fan me for notifications about this story and others. Also, remember that if you like Sleeping With Sirens and or Kellin Quinn check out my fan fiction about him! Link in the external link thingy. 

~Catt