twenty-eight

ASHLEY

"Definitely pregnant," Michael comments after I finish throwing up.

"Could you sound a little less smug?" I say as I stand and put toothpaste on my toothbrush.

I start brushing and turn around to see Michael get up from my bed, naked, and stroll toward me.

"I'm just impressed with your fertility and my sperm – it only took one time."

I roll my eyes, finish brushing and spit out the toothpaste, rinsing my mouth.

When I finish Michael wraps his arms around me from behind. His touch instantly arouses me. And he smiles chauvinistically, completely aware of his power over me. His hands drift up, gently cupping my tender breasts. He holds the weight of them, and I lean my head back against his chest, watching his dark gaze rove over me in the mirror.

"These swollen breasts." He toys with my nipples in fascination, pressing harder into me from behind as I move my bottom against him.

"They're a little bit bigger, aren't they?" I say hazily, hedonistic with the sight of Michael's tawny, golden body encompassing mine.

He releases my breasts reluctantly and turns me around so that we're facing each other.

"You smell minty," he says, right before he places a soft kiss on my lips. He pulls back and stares into my eyes. He brushes underneath my eyes with his thumbs, a barely-there caress. "And you've been tired."

I nestle into his embrace. "Just be glad that I finally finished my residency and am now a doctor."

I can hear the smile in his voice. "I'm so proud of you. Our kids are going to have a whip-smart mother."

I giggle into his chest. "You're already planning more?"

Teasingly he responds, "Three remember?"

He kneads my bottom and I wriggle against him.

Suddenly he pulls back. "It's not about the kids you know? It's about you. I love you."

It's not getting old. A shiver of delight runs down my spine. "And I love you."

I stretch up and lay a kiss on his mouth.

He pulls me back to the bed and proceeds to show me just how much he loves me. With tender caresses. With his exquisite tongue on my centre. With my hands pressed into the sheets, as his long frame covers mine, and he thrusts into me with long, slow strokes that leave me trembling underneath him. And him above me, hoarsely calling out my name as he releases.

Afterwards, he surrounds me, drawing soft patterns on my stomach. "We'll book you in for an appointment."

"Okay doctor," I reply with a snort. An appointment? A pregnancy test would suffice at this point.

"I'm pretty sure you're pregnant, but I want to make sure you and the babe are alright."

I glance up into his solemn eyes and see the worry there. I shift in his arms to face him. I run my hands through his hair, pushing his defiant locks back from his face.

"Hey, hey, it'll be okay."

He bows his head, nuzzling in my neck. His next words are a soft admission on my skin. "You don't know that."

Then I realise how terrifying this must be for him. He's a doctor like me, he knows everything that can go wrong with a pregnancy. He has probably seen his fair share of heartbreaks.

He presses a kiss to my collarbone and then moves his head back to look into my eyes. 

"Loving you is scary." A heavy breath leaves him, as he runs a hand down my side. "Because now I have someone I'm scared to lose."

I snuggle closer into his chest. My hand is pressed against his chest, and I can feel his heart beating rapidly and I realise that maybe he needs my comfort more than I need his right now.

I shift over so I'm lying flat on my back, and I open my arms for him. "I want to hold you."

With a sigh of relief, Michael goes into my arms, his head on the centre of my chest, his leg over me until he's curled around me. I wrap my arms around him. "Tell me what you're worried about."

Michael proceeds to tell me his fears and I listen as they pour out of him. All the while I comb my fingers through his hair and trail them over his back. His body sinks deeper into the mattress with each confession.

After some time, he stops speaking and I feel a shuddering breath run through him as the weight of what he just revealed shrouds us.

I massage the back of his neck. "I can't promise you it'll all be okay. I know it's scary. It's scary for me too. But I love you more than anything else in the world. No one can take that away from you. This moment, and every moment we'll share from here. Those will always be yours to keep." 

I take his hand and place it over my heart so that he can feel each beat. "This heart is yours."

Michael shifts over me and I can tell the moment has passed by the mischievous smile glimmering on his lips. 

"What about these lips?" he asks, brushing his lips over mine.

I laugh. "They're also yours."

"What about this perfect ass?" He squeezes it – I swear it's like his favourite pastime.

"That too."

His hand slides in between my legs and I can feel him gently rubbing my clit. "And this pussy?"

I moan.

"Michael," I say breathlessly, keening upwards as he presses a finger into my wetness.

"Yes, love?"

"Don't you mean vulva? Not 'pussy'. How did you even pass your medical exam?"

Michael growls in mock anger. "For that impertinence, I'm going to teach you a lesson. On your knees."

And what a pleasurable lesson it turns out to be.

 📌

a/n: Thanks for reading! I'd be so grateful for any feedback you have so feel free to vote and comment your thoughts.