7. Night Falls

Author's P.O.V.

Mark was back to his cabin but he was still feeling hot due to the encounter at her room. He fanned his face hoping it would cool down. He gulped a little thinking how close he was to kissing Hye Min. If only that bell didn't ring, he sighed. The feel of tasting those sweet lips again made him smile like a mad man. He was knocked out from his day dream when Secretary Kim knocked on his table. He gave her the files she needed and went back to his work trying to distract himself

He yawned and looked at the clock, it's past nine. He looked around and thought everyone would have gotten off from work at six. He stretched his hands and legs and looked at Hye Min's office. The light was still on. He slightly knocked on the door and went in.

Mark smiled seeing Hye Min fast asleep on the chair. He took cat steps towards her and leaned on the table watching her with a wide smile. The power went off. Suddenly the wind from the opened windows blew in messing her hair a little which covered her beautiful face shining from the moonlight. It all seemed so dreamy and unreal for Mark.

He bent down to Hyemin's eye level hesitating a lot before caressing her hair and move her hair to see her face. She stirred a little at his touch, he froze for a second but felt relieved when he heard her steady breathing.

His eyes roamed around her face and stilled at a particular spot. Her lips which was glistening from her cherry lip gloss. He grazed his soft fingers along her bottom lips parting it a little. He held her right cheek before leaning into her. This time he didn't hesitate. He didn't care if she had a lover or not because deep inside he believed that Hye Min liked him too. He placed his lips on her a little strongly. When he was about to break the kiss he felt a hand on his collar pulling his towards her. His eyes widen in shock but he eventually gave in and moved his lips along hers until the power came back breaking their little dream session.

He backed off almost immediately looking at Hye Min in shock who was carrying the same expression as him. Both their face was red as tomato and they didn't know what to say to the significant other.

"A..Actuall..y Hye Min noona.. I mean Ms.Song.." He was stuttering a lot and was not able to see Hye Min's eyes. He was so embarrassed and guilt was taking over him. He started to speak but was cut off by Hye Min,

"I'm sorry Mark" She said making Mark look at her in confusion. He stood there in silence not knowing what to say.

"I must have lost my mind for a second. I just had a dream with Minki and for a second I thought you were Minki and that's why... I'm really sorry. This won't happen again" She said breaking every little hope Mark had on her. He felt tears forming in his eyes. He turned around and wiped his tears before turning to Hye Min with a fake smile plastered on his lips.

"It's okay Ms.Song, it's just you look a lot like the person I love that's why I got carried away too. I'm sorry. I'll be leaving now" He said and he thought 'yeah you look a lot like you' and exited the room not sparing a glance at Hye Min. If only he saw her tears that night, the story might have changed. After he left Hye Min ran to the door locking it before sitting on the floor crying so hard burying her face in between her knees.

The moment those words left Mark's lips made her realise one thing, she is in love with her secretary Mark. But she also understood that she got no chance in Mark's life. Those words broke her heart the next moment she realized her love for him. Also that dream about Minki was a total lie because she actually had a dream with Mark kissing her. When she opened her eyes to see Mark so near her, she couldn't help just grab him and kiss.

She cried until there are no more tears left in her eyes. She looked at the moon outside and smiled sadly. "How did my life changed upside down just because of that one night?"

"I love you Mark. I will just bury this love deep in my heart like how I buried my first love" She took out her phone and saw her childhood picture with her first love and his brother.

"I miss you Lee Minhyung. Hope you are doing well at Canada" She said and closed her eyes thinking of her old memories with her first love. She never realized it was love until Minhyung left her and went to Canada when she was 14 years old. She cried all day and night missing him. Only her Aunt Jung knows about her first love.

Then she moved to Seoul and lived with her parents. That's when she met Minki. She was never interested in relationships after Minhyung left but Minki kept on confessing his love and one day she accepted it. She tried to love him and she loved him too, that's what she believed too. Even when she thought Minki was cheating on her, she was just angry. She never felt the heart wrenching pain like how she felt for Mark now.

"Did I really loved Minki or did I just grew comfortable around him and thought that feeling as love?" She asked to herself. She sighed and got up switching off the lights before locking her room. She saw the time and it was almost one in the midnight. She went to the car parking, threw her handbag to the passenger seat and turned on the engine.

She roamed around the streets of the night Seoul and noticed a familiar figure coming out of a hotel. He looked so much like her fiance Minki. She just shrugged and drove off but the curiosity got the best of her so she dialled Minki's number in her phone. There was no answer until few rings then the other side picked up and answered in a sleepy tone.

"Hello darling. Why are you calling this so late night?" Minki asked from the other side.

"Where are you?" She asked directly.

"Where would I be at this late night? Ofcourse at home" He said.

"Oh okay. Goodnight" She said and kept the phone. She drove to his home and rang the doorbell continuously.

"Who is it?" Minki shouted from inside and he opened the door.

"Hye Min? What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Nothing I just wanted to check something... Ah I mean I just wanted to see you" She said.

"Aww you are so cute. You could have just called me I would have came to your house" He said smiling widely. "Come in" He invited her. She shook her head.

"I just came to see you. Since I have seen you, I will go now. Good night" She smiled and went back to her car and drove to her house.

Minki sighed in relief and closed the door. He ran back to his room and was welcomed by a beauty.

"We are saved Mirae. If you didn't see her car we would have busted. That's why I love you" He said and kissed her sloppily.

"Of course I couldn't let our 2 years plan go into drain. She is really an idiot." That Mirae said and laughed.

"It's just your oppa is good at acting love." He said and roamed his hands all over her body.

"We just have to be safe till the wedding Oppa. If she ever finds out then we are dead. " She said enjoying his hands on her.

"She will never find it." He said and smirked.

"Oppa do you love her?" She asked him.

"I have never loved her. I just loved her money from the starting, she is just so thick headed to see that. I only love you Mirae." He said and buried his face into her neck.

"I love you too Oppa" she said and giggled.

Hey lovelies!! Here is the next chapter and the true colors of Minki is revealed. Ah I just hope those two love birds realize their love for each other. Comment your thoughts in the comment box. If you really liked this chapter then Vote. Will see you in my next update ;) - VJ <3