Six For Gold

The prince in the meantime, was finding himself wondering about what his Imperial Father was after by sending him a concubine to seduce him. When the General had told him what the whole thing was about, it just left him more confused. He could not see the benefit of him copulating with another, at least not from his father's stand point.

"But, if I had a child to succeed me, would that not make me a more attractive candidate for Emperor? They would think I am very virile or something and might back me against him." He argued during their next training session. It was very hot out, so they both had removed their tops and tied their robes about their waist to fight.

"I think he wanted you to be seen as a lecher actually. If you would attack even a woman of the Emperor's and get her with child, then you would not be fit to be Emperor. He wants to put you beneath him and his other remaining sons." The General argued back. It was getting harder to keep up with the young man during their sessions, and he was sweating profusely.

"Bah, those idiots? If he still thinks he has a chance of replacing me with one of them then he does not know his ministers well. Besides, if I am going to play about with anyone then I do not need the world knowing about it." He griped as he tried a series of flourishing strikes. The General blocked them easily and took a stab at an opening that was left.

"You are a private and discrete personage, and that is good for your future. Be sure not to leave yourself open to your father's censure and he will have no choice but to leave you as Crown Prince. I hear the ministers are writing up a decree so he might not change his mind later." The General's sword was narrowly brushed aside and with a spin the prince sought to end it.

They both brought their swords to a vital spot at the same time and stood still at an impasse. It was another draw. The General smiled with pride at the boy who glowed with the sweat of a good fight. The Crown Prince was huffing from the effort he had to put in, and found his gaze drawn down to the sweating man before him. His heartbeat did not slow.

"That is good. As long as I do not allow anyone to catch me doing anything stupid then I should be fine." He replied after some time. The General laughed, his white teeth catching the sun and his crinkled eyes gleaming with mirth.

"I like that. Not that you won't do anything stupid, just not get caught. You are much like I was as a youth." He crowed in amusement.

"Ah, you are not so old DaDa." The Crown Prince said as he wiped his face and hands with a cool towel. His face blushed as he thought about the rippling muscles that were constantly flaunted before him in their training. It was the most skin the boy had seen on another person in his life, and the thought tantalised him.

"Perhaps. I think I shall be the one to suggest a nap by the koi pond today though." They both chuckled at their ritual after training. The prince sighed a little as the General pulled his robes back up into place. He left his chest bare to feel the slight breeze across the water and the shade of the tree they sat under.

"DaDa..." He stopped, unsure what to say next. The calmness and seclusion of their spot ensured secrecy, but he still hesitated.

"What is it, young Ōji?" His DaDa looked over at him with the serenity that made him feel so safe and happy in the past. Today it seemed to stir his heart faster.

"Do you think I am strange for not being interested in the maids?" He dropped his gaze to the grasses beneath them and waited with bated breath for the answer. A gentle hand clasped his and squeezed in reassurance.

"No, you are not strange. For whatever reason it may be, I want you to be happy." The soothing voice said to him, making his tense shoulders relax slightly.

"I know but..." He protested as he fought with how he felt. He looked up to see those gentle eyes staring at him and the words died in his throat. How to tell your DaDa that you find him... he shuddered.

"You know you can tell me anything?" The calm voice said. He nodded and a tear squeezed out of his eyes.

"Do you think I am strange for being more interested in the guards?" He said instead of what he was thinking. He peeked up at his DaDa to gauge his reaction. The man was smiling at him wickedly.

"Ah, so that is how it is. I can tell you if the lad would be willing to play with you if you tell me who it is." The older man teased him.

"EH? Other men do that sort of thing?" He blurted out. The General chuckled and nodded at the boy.

"Of course, discretely. Some of the Imperial eunuchs take the guards to their beds for comfort. It is not unnatural to find here in the palace, where a pregnant maid might be sent away in shame." He replied nonchalantly.

"What about you? Have you...?" The boy asked hesitantly. He was worried of the answer.

"I am not a usual guard, nor am I a usual eunuch. Most people avoid me for those reasons. I do miss the intimacy of a partner. Who will have a noble with no ability to reproduce though? Your father has indeed isolated me effectively." The General's voice was bitter and cold to a degree that the prince had never heard before. He shivered.

"No, he has given you to me. You will never be alone as long as I live." The Crown Prince said with the solemnity of his heart bursting. The General looked at him with the stern eyes of a much experienced man.

"You are kind, my Ōji. One day, however, you will find a sweet girl and start a family. She will be your Empress and you will have your own Crown Prince to dote upon. One day, I will be alone again." He replied sadly. The Crown Prince did not know any other way to refute those words, so he trusted his instinctual actions.

The Prince rushed forward and kissed him. The older man's eyes widened in shock as the boy smashed his mouth against his in a seething passion that he was not expecting. Suddenly all the questions became clear to the General. It was still a great surprise to him that the child harbored such feelings for him. Was it just affection mistaken?

"Amai Ōji, what is this?" He gasped as the boy tried to silence him from speaking with his lips.

"DaDa, you will never be alone. I promise you." He whispered against the older man's ear as he embraced him. His young, strong body held tightly to the man, pulling him so close that their bodies touched down to the thighs. The General scrunched his brows, looking down at the young man practically on his lap in consternation.

"Eh, what is this? Am I not like a father to you?" His confusion laced his words.

"Once perhaps. Lately I cannot keep my gaze from you. If I must choose between a maid and you... I would choose you to teach and love me." The Crown Prince insisted to his guardian. The General shook his head, ignoring the wounded sound that fell from the boy's lips.

"Nay, child, I cannot be like that with you. It would be too tempting to take out my bitterness on you as your father's child. You are innocent and good. I will not corrupt you." He admitted to them both. The Crown Prince could not hold back his tears as he held tight.

"I don't care. Corrupt me. Use me as you will. If you love me even a little it will be enough. Let us both use each other to ease the suffering that man has caused. You will give me love, and I will give you revenge." The Crown Prince climbed onto his lap, pressing himself against the older man. The General looked down in alarm and surveyed the garden carefully.

"Not out here. Do you want to get me killed? We will talk more on this later. Just..." He whispered to the boy as he clung to him. The Crown Prince reluctantly pulled away from his DaDa with a pout on his lips and eyes full of tears.

"Do you promise? You won't pretend it didn't happen?" He rubbed his nose and looked so much like his younger self that the General's determination to be stern was melted.

"Of course, Amai Ōji. I keep my promises, do I not?" He stroked a hand to wipe the boy's tears and patted his head gently. The prince was slightly mollified, and sighed as he stretched out on the grass for his nap. He kept looking up at the older man, until the General relented and stroked his hair to put him to sleep.