Nine For A Kiss

Upon their triumphant return the Emperor was at a loss of what was left to do. Short of getting rid of the boy by his own hand, there was nothing he could do. The people revered him. The ministers supported him. The palace servants wanted to protect him. The war council was pleased with his abilities and applauded him. The guards protected him as well as they did the Emperor himself.

The only time that one might have a chance to strike is when the Emperor and Crown Prince were alone together for their meeting each few days. The Emperor would have to poison him personally, and hope there would be no repercussions. The only person who could know would be the doctor he obtained the poison from, and he could silence him beforehand.

Little does he know that the General is having him very carefully watched. He knows the doctor that he buys poison from, and helps the man escape just in time before his death is imminent. The Emperor has the poison now; it will merely wait until he thinks it is safe again before he makes his move on the Crown Prince. The way to speed that is to suggest to the Emperor that the boy has lost some favour.

"Mi'er." The General stands at the window looking out into the courtyard with a contemplative face.

"Yes DaDa?" The Crown Prince looks up from his writing desk and carefully places his brush away. His open and loving expression makes the General hesitate his words.

"Your Imperial Father is planning to kill you again." He states frankly. The prince nods solemnly and waits for his next words. When his DaDa hesitates to continue he replies.

"Yes. I know. It should not be too long now before he tries. You will protect me, eh?" He smiles a little with confidence in his General. The General smiles back.

"I would rather fight the enemy in front of me, than the one that sneaks behind my back." He replies sagely. The prince tilts his head thoughtfully.

"You want to push him to make a move?" He asks curiously. The General grins widely.

"I want to push him to move quickly and hastily from the front, rather than wait for him to strike when we are not expecting it." He explains with narrowed eyes. The Crown Prince nods with understanding.

"That would be wise. It would mean fewer chances for surprises. What do you suggest?" He rolled the dried parchment he was working on and tied a ribbon around it carefully, then cleaned his brush and put it away in the case to dry.

"I think we should tarnish you a little in his eyes. Would you be willing?" He gazed calmly at the prince and the boy's heart fluttered a little with nerves. He licked his lips and stood to join his DaDa at the window.

"What would you have me do?" He asked with a loving look. The General stroked his face gently and leaned in close to whisper in his ear.

"Shall you play the role of a depraved prince? I admit I would love to see you seeded to bursting. I can ask only my most trusted friends, those who were there that night?" He suggests with a glint in his eyes. Mi'er squirmed at the thought of it, being filled with seed as his DaDa watched.

"I will do anything for you, Da'er." He agreed softly. The General smiled at him and kissed him fiercely.

"That's my good Mi'er. I will arrange everything. I will make sure nothing bad happens to you." He promised fervently. They embraced for a long moment, before breaking apart and continuing their day as though nothing had happened.

Three days later there is a party held at the prince's palace with a half dozen of the Generals and Lieutenant Generals that were with them for the battle. They play tiles, drink to celebrate, and when it grows later in the afternoon they dismiss the servants to speak openly and get drunk without witnesses. Or so it is assumed by those in the palace.