Chapter 2

HAYES POV

"Bart can't we just sleep for a little more?"

"No Taylor. Now let's go. You can sleep in here. We'll be there in about 10 minutes."

We were in a black van that takes us back and forth between the hotel and the event. 10 minutes later as promised we pulled up and parked at the event. We climbed out and tons of girls started screaming. Several of them had signs that said things like "Be mine Hayes" or "Marry me Hayes? Yes or Yes?" Even though you'd think I'd be used to this kind of stuff since we do events like these all the time but I still blush every time.

We went back stage and Taylor went immediately to the food table that they keep backstage. Of course he piled his plate. Nash and Cam followed, soon followed by the rest of the guys, then of course I had to follow even though I had already eaten breakfast.

"Really guys? You guys go on in like 30 minutes do you really need to eat all of that before you go out there?"

"Of course Bart."

Bart's always worrying about us.

30 minutes passed and we went on stage. The place got so loud when we walked out. All of our names were chanted and we started out just introducing ourselves. Then Shawn sang The Weight and Jack and Jack sang Paradise. After that we talked to our fans for a while then we got to my favorite part of the event. The Meet and Greet. I loved the Meet and Greets because I get to meet so many of our amazing fans.

We started the Meet and Greet and it was the same old Meet and Greet. They asked for a picture, almost fainted, started crying, I hugged them and kissed their forehead, then they left. I wish someone would come along that was different than most of these girls. Almost as if my prayers had been answered I met an amazing girl.

"Hey Hayes!"

"Hey!"

"Y'all's show was amazing! Picture?"

"Yeah!"

I took a picture with her and we continued talking.

"Thanks. Aw this is so cute. Totally going on Instagram. I actually don't look terrible in this picture."

"What are you talking about? You probably don't look bad in any pictures. You're absolutely gorgeous."

"You probably say that to every girl but thanks."

Just then Bart interrupted.

"Okay keep it moving guys."

"We'll bye Hayes."

"Bye, uhm."

She walked away before I could get her name. Shit. I looked down and saw something on the ground that wasn't there for any of the other girls. It had to be that girls. It was her hotel room key. It had her hotel on the card and she was actually staying in my hotel. Maybe I'll see her tonight then. I could get her name and give her card back to her. We finished the Meet and Greet and went back to the hotel. I completely forgot about the key until it was 10 P.M.

"Crap!"

"What Hayes?"

"This girl dropped her room key at the event today and I was gonna go see if I could find her and give it back to her."

"Hayes how are you gonna find her?"

"She's in this hotel. I was gonna ask the front desk if they can tell me the room number from the card."

"We'll go down there now."

"Okay"

I threw on a Magcon sweatshirt and put my hollister sweats on. I grabbed our room key and her room key and walked out into the hall. I rode the elevator down and walked to the front desk.

"Hi. Can I help you with something?"

"Yeah, I'm part of that group that's doing the big event this weekend and a girl left her room key at the event and I was wondering if you can tell me which room she's in."

"I'm sorry I can't do that."

"Really? Please? Just this once?"

"No. I'm sorry. You can give me the room key and if they come down to get it I'll give it to them?"

"Well I really wanted to get her name. I think I'm just gonna wait down here and see if she comes down."

"Uhm, okay."

I waited for about an hour then gave up. I decided to do the only thing I could think of. Go to every room and try the doors with the room key until I found it. I got on the elevator and went to the second floor. I tried all the rooms. Nothing. Then the third, nothing. Fourth, nothing. Fifth, nothing. Sixth, nothing. Then our floor, nothing. I went up to the eight floor. I went through about 40 doors then on the very last door I slid the key in and the light turned green. I didn't open the door cause that would be weird. Instead I knocked on the door and waited.

Even though it was seconds before someone opened the door it felt like hours. I was so nervous. But when the door opened and I heard the familiar "Hayes?" I couldn't help but smile.

"You dropped your room key."

"Oh my gosh thank you!"

"So I never got your name?"

"Ryan."

"Well, nice to meet you Ryan."