Calum - meningitis

First of all my apologies. My laptop broke and I'm pretty sure I lost a "stabbed Cal" fic and a "Sick Lashton" one.

Anyway, this LONG - VERY LONG - TOO LONG - story is my way of apologizing.

Its a bit sad, so, well... Sorry not sorry.

I'll also usate "If you don't swim you'll drown" tonight. Don't miss the last chapter.

--> can you do one where Calum gets meningitis and risks dying but ends up with really serious consequences? Like loosing a limb or being paralysed? Sorry if this is too specific lol

Today is a bad day. Calum can feel it as soon as he wakes up, his head throbbing for the blinding lights in the room.

"Wake up, sleepy head," Michael says, bursting in the room and clapping his hands with way too much energy. All Calum can manage is to grunt lowly, hoping Michael will get the hint and leave him alone.

"Cal, come on, it's late!" Michael insists, shaking him. "Oh. You are sick, aren't you?" he says feeling the heat radiating off him.

Calum grunts again, unable to find enough strength to talk. He is glad Michael stops moving him though. His head is spinning and it makes his eyes water. Or maybe they are just glossy because of the fever he is sure he has.

"You are really warm, I think you have a fever. Is anything else hurting?" Michael says, crutching down so he can meet Calum's half open eyes.

Calum hums desperately wanting Michael to read his mind since he is too weak to talk. He wasn't so bad a few minutes ago, but he can't tell what's going on anymore.

Michael seems to get the hint as he asks, "Head?" to which Calum hums again. "Stomach?" Michael asks and Calum shakes his head. Moving hurts, so he stops, closing his eyes.

"I'll take that as a no. I'm getting you meds, okay? Don't fall asleep. Oh, and I'm calling you in sick," Michael says and gets out of the room, knocking at the bathroom door.

"Ash, I'm coming in, I don't care if you are naked," he says, throwing the door open and looking for fever reducers and painkillers.

Ashton is under the shower, he probably hasn't even heard Michael get in with the music blasting from his phone. Michael turns it off and throws the curtain open, facing a naked Ashton who looks at him confused.

"Mike, come on!" Ashton yelps, grabbing the curtain and using it at least to cover his bottom half.

"Cal is sick, call management and tell them him and I are off today."

Ashton rolls his eyes, closing the curtain again, "And you needed to see me naked to tell me. What's wrong with him?"

"Get out the damn shower and see yourself, he has gone totally quiet," Michael says going back to Calum who is now shaking so bad that Michael can hear his teeth chattering. It takes all Michael's strength to not panic.

"Cal, are you awake?" he asks, leaning over him and gently moving his bangs away from his face.

His cheeks are bright red and his slightly parted lips are swollen and wobbly, as he mumbles "C-co-cold."

"That's because you are burning up," Michael explaines, even if he is not sure if Calum is paying attention. His eyes are barely open and he is mumbling so quietly that Michael has no idea of what he is saying. It looks like he is just thinking out loud, so Michael doesn't waste any time trying to listen and sits him up.