of missed calls & karaoke nights

Bea sat up & held the phone closer to her face. She zoomed in on the hoodie that the girl was wearing.

She can only laugh & shake her head. "Fuck. I'm too sleepy for this shit."

And to no avail, she went back to her slumber after debating over charging or turning off her phone.

She turned it off. Bahala ka na nga. Kung saan ka masaya. Enough tears for you, mister.

She didn't even bother to check from whom the 29 missed calls were, didn't see that someone has tried calling her phone 28 times. The other one was from Maddie.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Why the girl was wearing Bea's gift is beyond the latter's knowledge. She could've easily shrugged it off if it was his jersey. It's not the first time that a girl has worn his clothes anyway.

He has a lot of girl friends - friends who are girls. Yeah, right. It should've been nothing new to her.

But for him to lend something she gave & flex about it in public is something she'll definitely be upset about. And Thirdy should've known better. No matter how fucked up their situation is, she never thought he'd be petty enough to make that type of mistake. How insensitive.

She's interrupted with her thoughts when someone spoke to her. "Ano, hindi ka pa rin ba kinakausap ni Thirdy?" It was Maddie. They're currently in morning training. She & Bea partnered up for the pepper drill.

"Huh?" Bea tried to play it cool as she received the ball. "Hindi. Pero wala naman kaming dapat pag-usapan. "

"Really?

"Yeah. Really."

"Eh what about the hoodie from twitter? Saw the post eh. Reason why I called you by the way kaso hay nako you never called back. We picked that one out for him diba?"

"Yeah. That's the one."

Thirdy loved collecting hoodies. He always thought wearing one makes him feel secure. That whenever he felt down, he'd look through his stash & wear one for comfort. It's his thing. Kinda weird but cute, Bea thought.

And it was their own little secret. Something only she knew.

That's why Bea bought one for him last year when the Ateneo-UP fiasco blew up during the UAAP season in an attempt to cheer him up. It's just one of the many things she did to put a smile on Thirdy's face in spite of everything.

"Then why was some girl wearing it?"

"Don't know." She shrugged. "Baka walang pambili ng kanya."

"Gaga, seryoso kasi! And wait, from what I have heard, you guys haven't been on speaking terms daw since bonfire?"

"We're just... we're both busy right now. He's graduating & I have my pending school works pa. That's all-" She spiked the ball to Maddie's direction. "-sorry, ang baba."

Maddie ran towards the ball she failed to receive. She looked back at Bea. "That girl's from babble. My crew knows her, Bei. She's bad news."

"What? How do you know that?"

Tossing up the ball, Maddie said, "Let's just say she's not the kind of girl you'd want Thirdy to be involved with."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Pare, sama kayo tomorrow ha? It's a Saturday so I don't want to hear a pass from any of you." Anton's invite was for a karaoke night with their co-athletes. It's something they used to do together after the season's over or whenever they just feel like it.