of temptations & hesitations

Billie.

Thirdy stared blankly at the ceiling of his bedroom, his one arm settled on his creased forehead while lying down.

Is someone pranking me or what?

He can't think of any plausible reason as to why she'd want to meet.

Thirdy scoffed. "No freakin' way. What does she want?"

An apology, perhaps? It was all that he could think of. The way they ended the relationship wasn't exactly how anyone would like theirs to become. There wasn't any closure either.

When Billie left him, he didn't make any efforts to either question her or win her back. He didn't even try.

Because he knew. Even then, he already knew.

And how the hell was she able to get my-

Suddenly, Thirdy's eyes darted towards the night stand. His phone started to ring, bringing him back to reality & away from his tangled thoughts. He quickly reached out for it, looked at the screen, & felt relieved to see that it was Bea.

Toothless - his heart leaped upon seeing the familiar name he used to call her.  It's been so long since he changed her contact name.

"I think I should change this one though before she sees it. Kung hindi hampas na naman abot ko nito." He chuckled & rubbed on his eyes.

What started out as a joke turned into something very endearing for him. He sincerely adored the silly pet name.

"Babe?" Thirdy answered the call.

"Hey, you."

Bakit matamlay?  "Uy... Something wrong? You sound sad."

"Slight. Wait, I'll go sa veranda."

"What? Why? Let's do video chat. Let me see you. Teka." Thirdy ended the call & used another app instead just so he could see her. "There. What's wrong? Do you need me to come over-"

"Thirds. Chill. Ano ka ba... I'm fine." 

But he wasn't convinced. He knew that tone. "You're making me worry, Beatriz."

The video suddenly looked shaky. He heard the creaks of the door sliding in the background. "Okay. I'm here na."

"Bei. Suot mo muna yang jacket ko. Mahamog na." Then he saw her unwrap the hoodie from her waist. "So... slight? What do you mean?"

"Kasi naman eh." Bea bit her lip & hesitated before blurting out, "Tampo ako sayo."

"Tampo?" Bakit na naman-Oh. Oh, noooo. I completely forgot about her post. Ugh. That stupid message kasi. "Are you... mad at me?"

"I don't knowww. Basta... Tampo ako." 

Thirdy felt giddy with her words. In spite of the bad video quality, he saw how Bea scrunched her face & rolled her eyes. "Cute." He murmured. 

"Excuse me, anong cute?! Tampo na nga tapos cute pa rin?"

The corners of his mouth turned up even more, sensing that she's going into defense mode with her tone. Nag-uusok na naman ilong nito. Baka mapikon. Yari ako.

He chuckled softly. "Sorry pooo. Di na. Don't frown na."

Bea cleared her throat. "What were you doing ba?"

"Wala..." He hesitated. "Nakahiga lang."

"Wala? Tapos you're not answering me? Luh."

Thirdy swallowed hard. Paano ko ba lulusutan to?