of bonfires & drunk confessions

It's the day before the annual Ateneo bonfire

It's the day before the annual Ateneo bonfire. As their both the captains of this season's champion teams, Bea & Thirdy didn't have any choice but to meet for the briefing.

"Bei." Thirdy tapped Bea's back as they were dismissed from the meeting.

"Yup?"

"You'll be there naman tomorrow the whole time diba? Or uuwi ka din agad? "

"Of course not. I'll be there. Why?"

"Nothing. Just asking... for a friend." Friend? Ang lame mo gago.

"But I'll probably leave din after a while. You know, studies." She slightly smiled, still not looking towards Thirdy. "Una na ko ha?"

"Hey wait...Y-You're mad at me noh?"

Bea shooked her head, slipping her hands inside her pockets. "Thirds... I don't know. Not really. You tell me. Should I be mad at you? Do I have any reason to be?"

"Bea, I'm sorry. I didn't mean everything I said."

But Bea didn't believe that. "Why are you even saying sorry? It's no big deal naman. I have no issues with that." Wow, I'm such a great liar.

"You know well enough that it's a big deal."

She scoffed at his statement. "Big deal? How is this a big deal?"

"I care about you."

"And I do care for you too pero anong connect?"

"Wow. You're seriously hurting my feelings right now."

"What? Thirdy, wala namang tayo diba?" Here we go again.

He held on her shoulders, forcing Bea to now be looking at Thirdy in the eyes. "Walang tayo kasi ayaw mo. Diba? I asked you three times before, but every single time you said no. And... that's why I'm being the way I am. Shit, I've been head over heels for you since high school. Tapos sasabihin mong wala lang yon?"

"It matters to me, alright? Hindi lang yun wala lang. I never said it like that. But we've talked about this a hundred times. I wanted to focus on my craft & you agreed that you wanted to focus on yours. Besides, do you really think na after all these years ako pa din yung gusto mo? Hindi ako bulag Thirdy. I see stuff." Tangina Bea wag kang iiyak.

"I..."

"You have a girl. A girl that you like. Don't even deny it to me. I know you so well."

"It's not like that."

"Not like that?" She scoffed. "Dani teased her to you. That means something. Even the fans think so. The team as well."

"Jules & I are best friends."

Bea turned her back from Thirdy. "Bullshit."

He can't really reply anything. He knows how much of a mess this is already. He's afraid that whatever he'll say would just hurt the both of them even more.