of red lights & lucky charms

His lips felt too familiar to her, sending shivers across her whole body with the first touch.

Pwede pa ba, Bea?

His statement echoed endlessly in her head. Everything else blocked off.

Then it brought back unwanted thoughts that were hiding at the back of her head.

She remembered being hurt, allowed herself to be hurt. She used to think that love is greater than any of it all, that Thirdy would eventually come home to right the wrongs.

He didn't.

Tears continued to slide down her face, as Bea felt too weak to protest.

Her lips felt numb, but it kept moving. Ano ba, Bea. Pull yourself together.

It felt too familiar to resist.

She asked herself in her head, is this really what longing is supposed to feel like?

She once thought this was what she wanted. To just simply talk it out & go straight back to hugs & kisses.

But no.

This wasn't it.

It didn't feel right to be held like this again.

Not like this.

"Bea? Is this okay?" Thirdy paused to whisper.

While waiting for her to respond, he got a good look at her face. Aside from her lips, he adored looking at her eyes, her soft cheeks, the unruly strands of her baby hair.

"Bea..." Thirdy muttered patiently. "Please... You can tell me now that this is not okay, and I'll stop."

And to stop was what she intended to say.

But her stubborn heart got a hold of her body.

So with a hint of hesitation, "It's okay, Thirdy." Bea nodded softly.

Thirdy stood up and kneeled towards her. Closing the distance between them, he carefully moved her legs apart.

"Does it hurt?" He asked, wanting to check on her sprained ankles.

"Uhm... Not really."

"Okay."

Slowly, he cupped one side of her jawline & brought her face closer to his own. He felt the air brush into his cheeks, and he smelled a hint of her favorite perfume.

His heart raced.

He was holding her.

And Bea told him that it was okay.

I missed you.

To Thirdy, this was it. That one thing that could make him forget about everything else in this world.

He was carrying so much in his chest. For weeks, he kept looking for a way to cope.

And suddenly, this.

He had found his way back to her side. His 911, his speed dial 1 when he's falling apart.

Fuck. My home.

He tried to kiss her lips, soft and careful.

He kissed her once.

Twice.

With trembling hands, he held her jaw and slowly parted her shaking lips.

And before Thirdy could even move, Bea started kissing him back.

Fuck it. Bea thought.

He wanted to let her know how he felt. How much he wanted to hold her, keep her to himself.