of ankle sprains & old habits

"Alright, bye! Ingat guys ha." Frannie waved goodbye.

Leaving Bea & AJ alone.

They now sat on a bench. Bea looked over to her side. "Oh pano, let's go na? Sure ka along the way sa amin ah."

"Opo, madam. Ang kulit."

Bea laughed. "Madam ka dyan."

"Uy, hehe. You smiled. Ganda."

She snorted, completely ignoring the man's awkward compliment.

"Anyways. So... It's been a while ah. How are you?" AJ started.

"Well..." She paused to think. "Fine? I guess... You?"

"Really? Well... you don't look fine to me." He jokingly gestured to her feet.

She eyed him.

AJ snickered. Sungit.

"I hate you. Pilosopo."

He smiled & did a short sigh. Turning his head towards her, AJ replied. "Kidding aside, I actually mean it though. Like, maybe emotionally or mentally? You look a bit tense & exhausted... at least in my POV. Is... something bothering you?"

Bea shrugged. Was I that obvious? "Oh, you know... life... And other things."

"Life... Lawak ah."

"A bit, yeah." She nodded. "You could say that."

"Alright, alright." He smiled again, slightly lifting both of his hands to his with palms facing outward. "I won't ask na. Just... take it easy, okay? Mukhang malalim yang pinaghuhugutan mo eh."

"Really?" She frowned. "Wow. Do I look that bad?"

"Di naman. Ramdam lang kita. Parang namumuo yung nega vibes sa mukha mo eh."

Bea chuckled bitterly. "Grabe ah, parang earlier you just complimented me pa ah."

He laughed. "I'm a bit curious. Don't you share problems like this with your friends?"

"Uhmm..." Bea paused for a bit to think. "I used to, actually. Lately... not so much? Everyone's been busy rin kasi eh. And isa pa, wala lang to noh. I can handle this naman on my own." Yeah, right.

"But they're your friends. Best friends, even. I'm sure one call away lang sila. Ilabas mo yan, mahirap maipon yung mga ganyan."

She sighed. "I know naman. I just... don't feel like talking... At least not right now."

"Huh... Okay. Then how about Thirdy?"

"Ha?"

"Thirdy." He repeated & emphasized. "Thirdy, as in your ex."

"What about him?" She snorted, her brows tilting towards the center of her forhead. "Dude, get over it."

"Hey, not like that. I mean, have you tried opening this up to him? Like as friends?"

"No waaay." She also emphasized, lightly shaking her head. "Hard pass!"

"And may I ask why?"

"Uh..." Why? Okay, why nga ba? "One, I haven't spoken to him in a while. Two, we just broke up. I don't think it's healthy to, you know, talk. And three... ano ba, ayoko lang? Besides, he's probably forgotten that I even exist."

He sensed the denial in her tone. "Nah. Don't think so."

"Yow. Trust me. I know the guy."

"Weh? Talaga?"