Chapter 3 Escape?

Aly's POV

I wake the next morning to Maddie screaming and Mrs Dora in our room.

I run over to Maddie.

"Maddie shhhhhh it's okay what's wrong?"

"Aly go back to your bed and go to sleep." Mrs Dora commanded. I shook my head and hugged Maddie.

"Aly im fine she just wants to know about our secret from years ago." What Maddie just said shocked me.

A tear slipped from my eye. How did Mrs Dora know about it? we haven't told anyone. I remember that day it happened. We were happy playing in our living room at our old house I was babysitting because my parents were on their anniversary. My dad came home 3 days early without my stepmom (Maddie and jakes real mom) he ran to me and said she tried to kill him. Now I realize tears are coming out of my eyes like a water fall. My dad was crying and hugging me. My brother and sister ran to my dad. I saw my stepmom drive up our drive way. My dad cried more and so did I. "Aly here are the keys hide from Megan and then drive some where and protect them. Maybe to your friends house or something but don't let her touch them or you please." "No daddy no please don't leave." He shook his head and I took both kids in my room upstairs. I packed some clothes for me and them (she has their clothes in their dipper bag). I told them to be quiet. Maddie was 6 and jake was 7 so they understood being quiet and a bunch of stuff. I heard footsteps up to my room I ran in front of Maddie and Jake. To my surprise my dad came up all bloody. He only said a few words. "I love you guys and she's gone so leave. And I never loved her. I'll miss you." After he said that he died right in front of me and the kids. I dropped to my knees and cried. Maddie and jake thought he was sleeping which was so sad.

"Aly!" I snap out of my flash back to Maddie shaking my shoulders.

"S- s- sorry I just remembered our secret." I felt tears fall again.

"We'll all three of you are going to be in my office in 10 minutes. Because if your secret is about your parents then we need to know about it." Mrs Dora said to me and Maddie.

"I'm going to tell Jake about this you two get dressed. Now!" she said and slammed the door and left us.

"Maddie we are leaving pack now!" I told her.

"What about jake?" she asked me

"Well while you were asleep I told him this and when and we are leaving in 5 minutes so pack fast. I'm gonna call Hayes and Nash." I answered her.

Maddie nodded and skipped to her bag to pack. I grab my phone and dial Hayes' number.

A: Aly H: Hayes

A: hey Hayes were leaving in 5 ready?

H: yeah Should I bring my car?

A: no cuz if you do then they will know where we're going.

H: oh okay

A: well see ya soon bye

H: yeah bye love you

A: love you too

I hang up the phone and don't stop smiling. I'm so excited to not live in this hell.