Prologue

Hi. My name is Brittney. I get a lot of letters in this stupid hellhole. Most of them are from people who say that they're praying to God that I heal and that I should just accept him into my heart. Because I saved the world and all of the male population, I'm stuck in this prison.

Precisely, I'm a hero. Just two months ago, Joey, Rose and I were completely normal people. Just like our yearbook photos. Nothing more, nothing less. I remember the sound of Rose's laughter. Her and I used to laugh all the time just about anything. We laughed even during serious moments.

I remember her smile and the way she would talk. We knew each other since middle school. It all began when one of her ex boyfriends introduced me to her. He didn't introduce us face to face. Instead, the guy pointed her out saying she was a total slut and a total perv. I looked at her and all I could see was beauty.

Her hair was up in a messy bun. She had a white cami top on with a light blue long-sleeved shirt over it. She was sitting at a table with some of the popular girls. Liza, Sydney, Madison, and many more that I can't remember.

One day I decided to talk to her. I told her she reminded me of someone. She brushed her long, wavy, dark brown hair and didn't bother looking at me. "Me?" She asked.

"Yeah...you." I said shyly.

I then walked away and proceeded with my day.

All through seventh grade, Rose and I weren't friends. Until towards the end of that school year. One afternoon when I stayed tenth period in Mrs. William's room, Rose stayed there too. She sat down at a desk near me as I was eating crackers. I looked down to see I only had one left.

"Damn. My last cracker!" I said dramatically.

Rose bursted out laughing and then started talking to me. From that moment on, we were always together. The two of us grew closer and closer each day. It was her and I against the world.