Party Plans

People found it so surprising that a babe like Rose would associate with a dork like me. To all the assholes at school and all her rude friends, I was too weird. As Rose and I became really close, people started calling us gay for each other. Saying we were lesbians and they even thought we were dating at some point. Rose and I would just flip them off and tell them "so what if we are or were. Go fuck yourselves!"

Her and I continued to move on through our days. Ravena, New York. The only town that smells of weed and shit at the same time. So many people do drugs around here that it's disgusting. Everyone at RCS is either stuck up or too addicted to smoking or vaping. This is where it all went down. In the town of Selkirk and Ravena.

Rose lived in Selkirk, I lived in Coeymans. But as we both went to the same school, something happened one night during senior year. Rose walked up to me while I was coming out of class.

"Hey Brittneybud."

"Sup Rosebud?" I asked her.

"You and me are going out to a party tonight. There's a band called "One Way" playing there and the lead singer is fucking hot! We're so going."

She looked at me with puppy dog eyes waiting for me to answer her.

"Come on Brittneybud." She pleaded while she pouted her lips.

I gave her a look of hesitation.

"I promised Joey I'd hang with him tonight." I told her.

"You're always hanging with him bro. You see him just about every day. Ever since you started dating him I've been feeling like a third wheel. I'm never going to get over this."

"Okay okay I'll go. Jeez chill."

"Great! I'll pick you up at eight!"

Rose walked away flaunting her hair as it bounced up and down while she walked. She was naturally flirtatious. Even if she didn't have attraction towards a person. I understood because I myself am also naturally flirtatious.

I then realized that Rose didn't even tell me where the party was. Joey walked up to me.

"I can't hang with you tonight." I said knowing he'd flip.

He quickly started walking away.

"Really, you won't even let me finish my sentence. Rose matters to me too you know. It's not all always about you!"

Joey turned around. It was as if his hazel eyes stared straight into my soul.

"Why do you always cancel plans on me?"

"Because I hardly ever get to hang out with Rose. She's my best friend whom I've known longer than you so get the fuck over it!" Stop being a fucking dickhead!"

Joey eased up and put his arms around me. Annoyed, I pushed him away.

"No, you can't expect me to just hug you after these outbursts that you have. You get mad at me way too easily. I deserve some freedom."

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah, "I'm sorry!"  That's all you say. But you never change."

"Just hang out with her tonight. I know I shouldn't act like this."

"Then why do you?" I pursed my lips, waiting for a response.

"Because I'm an idiot okay!"

"Of fucking course he says that!"

"That's an excuse."

I kissed him quickly and walked away.

"Can I just come to your house for a bit before she picks you up?"

"Sure."

"Even though I just wanted it to be me and Rose."

I walked away before I'd be late to my next class.