Chapter 9

That night I layed restless like I've done a lot more than I want to admit  too. It was hard to let my self have peace and you need peace to sleep. I obviously didn't have that. I mean in this generation no one does anymore.  That night I thought of everything that could of went wrong, everything that has happened over the past few weeks; it was ALOT. 

1. I was used basically as a rebound. 

2. I lost the one of the most important people in my life

3. AND RUMORS GALORE 

When the sun finally rose that morning I wasn't in the mood for any plans with anyone. Depression screamed my name from the inside of my warm covers. I texted Matthew and told him I didn't feel good, if i could rain check? and of course he said yes. I turned my phone off and closed my eyes but they didn't stay closed long. " Dallas, if your up I left burgers in the oven whenever you get up. I'm heading out to work" the foot steps traveled until the front door shut. 

Maybe now my mind could finally relax. Then my phone went crazy, I checked it and all Jasmines friends invited me to her live and I wasn't even gonna bother checking it because I already knew why they invited me and I wasn't wasting my time. For some odd reason tears trickled down my face I missed her to much and it killed me on the inside and I didn't want anyone to see me like this. I just had to let time take its course, hopefully things would get better. 

I heard my doorbell go off. I moaned and groaned I didn't want to leave my bed, but I just couldn't ignore it. I walked downstairs and I kinda figured it would be Matthew but it wasn't. 

It was the boy who started all of this mess; Brandon. After that one day with Cameron he vanished and I haven't heard from him in since.  He didn't say anything just hugged me, and I tried to hug him back the best I  could with the strength I did have.  "wher-" he shushed me with his finger.  "Dallas Marie, I love you". " I should of told you sooner but I've never felt this way about anyone but the first time I saw you there was something special about you, I just didn't know how to pursue these feelings" . He kissed me, but it was something that has never happened to me before. I kissed him back hard and passionate. 

He pulled away and I opened my eyes, Matthew was standing behind his car in the driveway with flowers and Chinese food. I wanted to stop him, I wanted to move. But when I tried I collapsed, all I heard was an ambulance and arguing. I completely shut my eyes and finally got rest. 

I awoke later I don't know how much later but when I opened my eyes, my grandma was sitting next to me. Both the boys in the waiting room dozed off on each other as support. I looked at the clock it read 4:05 and it was dark outside so I had only slept like 12 hours. I started to fidget and woke my grandma up. "Baby take it easy" she spoke softly, "What happened?" I said loud enough to wake up both of the boys. They rushed to my side , I didn't know what to say to either of them so I diverted my eyes from them to the window. 

"Dallas, Listen I never meant to hide anything from you. What happened between me and Jasmine is in the past. I'm completely over her. She hurt me and ended things  And I later found out that she was snooping around with a girl from school. while she was still with me.  She took a piece of my heart, and a hole is still there. But I want to move forward and hopefully you can help me do that with you". He kissed my hand 

 "Oh shut the hell up " Brandon said with an angry tone and rolled his beautiful big brown eyes. 

"Get some rest babygirl" He kissed my forehead and walked outside. And for some odd reason Matthew followed. My grandma went to the cafeteria to get some food. So I decided to follow the boys outside, they were standing by Brandon 's car.  I overheard Brandon tell Matthew " I told you to keep her busy while I was gone, I didn't need her worrying about me, I didn't want you to get super close to her asshole" He grunted 

"Well she is fucking amazing you expect me to just use her or occupy her and then leave and give her back to you? Because I may have not known her as long as you, but she is way out of your league; she is to good for you" and with those slick words spilling from his lips Brandon's fist collided with his jaw. " MATTHEW" I ran to his defense and hovered over him. 

"This is why I could never love you, because you are a HORRIBLE PERSON!! I NEVER WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN" He tried reaching for my shoulder " GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME YOU MONSTER" I shoved him away. He got in his car, slammed the door and drove away.. 

I used my hospital gown to wipe the blond that had emerged from Matthew's busted lip. "I'm sorry.." escaped Matthews lips as he coughed up more blood. "I thought you actually cared about me, I told my grandma I thought you were the love of my life obviously i was wrong" I said looking away in the direction Brandon's car drove away in. " Dallas, I never meant to hurt you..." He said kissing my hand and getting up and walking away " I am different, But I had no choice" was the last words that left his lips before his figure disappeared into the darkness.