She Will Be Loved

Square Filled: Friends to Lovers

Rating: E for Explicit

Tags: Feels, fluff, SMUT, angst. Beta'd but any mistakes are still mine, pics are not. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Tap on my window, knock on my door I wanna make you feel beautiful." ~ Maroon 5

DeanWinchester seethed with anger as his friend, Caroline, cried. Shecouldn't say exactly what was making her so upset, but held her facein her hands as Dean pulled her into a protective hug, resting hischin on top of her head.

"It'sokay," Dean soothed "shhh, just get it out. It's gonna be okay."

Shesobbed into his shoulder as she wrapped her arms around his neck,hugging him tightly. They stood like that for a long time until hertears had subsided and she pulled back.

"I'msorry, I ruined your afternoon," she said "and your shirt."

Heshook his head

"Iwasn't doing anything." he lied. He'd been flirting heavily with alocal waitress when when he'd gotten a concerning text from Caroline"And, you're more important." She gave him a sad smile and huggedhim again. Once she pulled back, he said "C'mon, we're going for adrive."

"Towhere?" she asked

"Anywhere,"he said "let's just get in the car and we'll drive around for alittle bit, get your mind off that douche bag Eric and do something.Just the two of us."

"Andget ice cream?" she asked

"Ifyou want to we can." he said fondly and she nodded.

Aftera long drive including tons of classic rock sing alongs, a couple ofburger joints and two hot fudge sundaes later, Caroline seemed to bemore like herself as they pulled back into the bunker's garage.

"See?What'd I tell you?" Dean asked as they got out of the car.

"Deanknows best." she said with a laugh. He came around to her side ofthe car and threw an arm around her shoulders, giving her anotherhug. While not normally a touchy, feely guy, Dean knew Carolinecraved touch. She'd never once pulled away when he put an arm aroundher shoulders or placed his hand over hers. In truth, he liked beingclose to her, her against him felt like the most natural thing tohim. They walked into the bunker this way and then down the halltoward Dean's room.

"I'mgonna go in," he said "you know where to find me if you need me."

Shebit her lip and then asked

"CanI stay with you? I really don't want to be alone."

"Yeah,of course you can." he said and opened the door to his room as theywent inside. They separated to get ready for bed and once she was inher pajamas, Caroline made her way back to Dean's room where he wasalready laying with his back against the headboard. She climbed ontothe ridiculously comfortable memory foam mattress and snuggled upclose to Dean. With her head on his shoulder and a leg draped overhis waist, he wrapped one arm around her shoulder while the otherrested on her knee. She listened to the steady beat of his heart fora few seconds and then looked up at him.