Chapter 4: An Odd Figure Part 2

Faira POV

The shapeshifter had lunged at me, but this one seemed faster than the ones I've dealt with in the past. That's when I took notice of something. This shapeshifter in particular seemed stronger, smarter, faster and seemed to be able to dodge anything I throw at it. That's when the realisation sank in, as I caught it's fist mid punch. I narrowed my eyes and signed with my free hand.

'Long time no see Nova.' The shapeshifter grinned as shadows surrounded her and a figure emerged. A figure that I had grown to despise. She was a shapeshifter, and no less part of one of the most trouble making groups too. The Atokai group.

She backed down and I signed once again. 'You've got a lot of nerve coming here, stalking me, then taking on the form of my sister.' Nova kept her typical grin. "I guess I do, don't I? Why so surprised Ms. Mute?" 

I kept my face blank, but my eye twitched in irritation at the name. 'What are you doing here, of all places?' Her grin didn't falter for even a second. "What would I not be doing here? After all, it's been a little too long since we last sparred." 

I let out a sigh. 'I know you better than that, what are you REALLY doing here?' This time she dropped the friendly act. "Look, some crazy ass weed made it's way into my home and completely fucked it up. I was planning to ask you to help me obliterate the damn thing, but I know we weren't on the best terms after our last meet up."

She was right about one thing for sure. 'A weed? I hope you're kidding.' She dropped her fist to her side and shook her head. "Nope, this thing is ridiculously strong."

I turned to Chara, who had been watching our little exchange. 'Chara, watch the village, I'll be back soon.' She nodded, casting an unsure glance at Nova, then walked off. I motioned for Nova to lead the way to her house, and then we started our little journey to fight some flower. 

A/N: I'm sure you guys can tell who we're going to be encountering next right?