Chapter 7

Chapter 7

On my third day in La Union, Dad finally woke up. I was staring out the window when I heard weak movements from the bed. When I turned, Dad is fluttering his eyes open.

"Dad..." mabilis ko siyang nilapitan at hinawakan ang mabuto niyang braso.

He stared at me with lifeless eyes as his thin lips drew into a small smile. "Mija..."

Tears brimmed my eyes. Pinalis ko ito at mabilis na tinawag ang private nurse na ngayo'y nasa baba. Dad is scanning the surroundings with his weak eyes, as he sat up groggily on his bed.

"Where's Leonora?"

Nanigas ako sa tanong niya. I turned to him with a grim look as I pursed my lips. Hindi ako gumalaw sa kinatatayuan ko and with a weak voice, I asked.

"Gusto niyo pong tawagin ko siya sa baba?"

To my surprise, Dad shook his head. He grunted a bit as he adjusted himself comfortably on the bed before he gestured to the chair I was sitting on earlier.

"Take a seat, mija. It's been years..." Dad said with a small smile of affection that broke my heart.

I slowly made my way to the leather chair and placed my hands on my lap as I stared at my father.

My heart swells in both pain and joy. For the first time in my life, I had a real conversation with him.

The last day I spent in La Union was spent with the Treveron's, of course, for Rigor's birthday party. It's a pool party, so I went down town to buy the appropriate bikini to gatecrash.

It's a string leopard-printed two piece paired with square toe heels. I giggled as I placed a cat's ears metal headband on my head and applied the right amount of roasted brown lipstick on my lips. I then grabbed my sheer cardigan and picked up my phone as I headed outside.

"Hello, sexy."

A low growl sounded behind my ears. Muntik na akong mapatalon sa gulat nang biglang maramdaman ang kamay ni Philodemus sa tiyan ko. I was just making my way downstairs and trying to get back on Denver who called me numerous times today.

Humarap ako sa kaniya at ngumiti. His eyes darkened when he raked his gaze throughout my body. A muscle on his jaw clenched as he tugged me closer to him.

"You look lovely." He said and kissed my lips. "I like this..." Philodemus trailed the waistband of the bikini and his fingers played with the thin strings on my hipbone. "Easy to rip."

Tumawa ako at itinulak siya nang bahagya. He's in his usual black boardwalk shorts, showing the right amount of muscles for girls to ogle later on. His parents insisted that we spend the night at their mansion (on separate rooms, as they say) so that we may be able to help the preparation for tomorrow's celebration.

Though, we were not much of a help. Philodemus visited me in my room last night and we kissed all night until we both doze off to sleep. Pagkagising ko ay wala na siya at maingay ang buong mansion para sa paghahanda.

Sabay na kaming bumaba. Some of Rigor's friends are already here. Most of them are gathered in the pool, where a three-tier cake was delivered earlier and numerous cases of beers were deposited. The guys are starting to drink while some of his girl friends are sitting on the recliners on their respective bikinis.

"Storm!"

Napalingon ako sa pamilyar na boses. Nick grinned at me from ear to ear. He's in his best polo shirt with the first three buttons left unopened, revealing an expensive flat chain necklace. Lalaking-lalaki itong lumapit sa akin at niyakap ako. I caught Philodemus' face scrunched in a frown when Nick jokingly slapped my thighs.