The flame

Hey lovely's thanks for the suggestions I hope you all enjoy the chapter. Thanks floralemi for the idea. Make sure to check out floralemi work it is incredible. Hope you enjoy the story.

Betty's POV
Black smoke fills up the room. The darkness I originally had starts to fade away as the bright orange flames and dark black smoke continues to increase in size. I start to panic. I don't know where to go. The smoke is to thick. I'm trapped.

Jughead's POV
"For fucks sake jug did you have to beat me again." Archie complains. "Sorry bro maybe you could become less of a shit player." I say as a plop on his bed. We start playing another game when Fred comes in and says , " Dam boys it stinks in here. Let me open the window." He opens the window and we are instantly hit with fresh air.

"Thanks Mr A." I says not taking my eyes off the screen. "No worries jug. Are you staying here tonight?" Fred asks. "Nah I think I'll stay at Betty's tonight. She's been having a hard time since her mum sent her the sisters." I explain as a thick smell of smoke comes through the window. "What's that smell!" Archie exclaimed. "I don't know but I'll close the window." I say. I slowly get up of the bed and see that it's Betty's house the flames are coming from. "What's wrong jug?" Archie asks. I'm quick to jump out the window and land flat on my feet making a run for the ladder that's at Betty's window.

I climb up two rungs at a time and I'm at Betty's unlocked window before I know it. "Betty!" I yell and run down the stairs. I quickly look in the kitchen and see she not there. I than check the dining room, she's not there either. "Betty!" I yell louder. I hear someone whisper "Jug." "Betty where are you!" I get down on the ground quickly and crawl towards the flame. I bump into something I got to crawl over it when I feel it grab my wrists. I quickly look down to see it's Betty. I stand up quickly with Betty in tow. "We need to get out of here Betts." I exclaimed and ran with Betty right behind me. We make it to the dining room before Betty collapses to the ground. I quickly scoop Betty up and run to the back door with Betty in my arms. Ounce we are out the door a run around the front of the house to see Archie and his dad with paramedics and the fire brigade. The paramedics are quick to assess Betty and I. Betty was dehydrated and had smoke inhalation. I had a sprained wrists and a few bruises but besides that we were okay. They put Betty on oxygen for a while. I sit there with her just glad that my Juliet is safe.

A/N thank you all so much for 2K. I never would have thought that this many people would read my story. Thanks again lovely's.