Chapter 15

"I need you to sign this and get married" Mr. Han repeats and slides the paper forward for Eunbi to take a good look of it.

It's a testament her father makes before his death.

"I mean, you should sign this paper and get married to inherit the legacy your father left. The company, the house and everything but I have almost forgot the fact that you must get married to have the legacy and there is one man you should get married to. Remember the little boy you used to adore a lot when you are small? Your father's friend's son"

___________________

"Are you sure your father mentions Hanneul Farm?" asks Yewon again because they have been waiting for ten minutes but Jungkook's father isn't arrving yet.

"Yes, I'm sure. Maybe he is on the way"

While they are waiting, Ms.Soona arrives to take some vegetables stock because basically Hanneul Land is the legacy Ms.Soona's late father left.

"Eo? Your father isn't here yet? Are you sure this is the place your father is surveying?" asks Ms. Soona.

Again, Jungkook has to repeat the same question.

"Yes. I'm--"

TIN TIN

A black car arrives and finally, Jungkook's dad arrives. When he sees her son standing there, he goes out quickly and hugs her son.

"Hey, punk. Where have you been?" Mr. Jeon scolds and Jungkook giggles.

"Mr.Jeon?"

Three heads are snapped towards Ms. Soona. Even Yewon is a bit startled if her mom recognizes Jungkook's father.

"Mom? Do you perhaps know him?"

Ms. Soona remains silent.

"Ms. Soona? Long time no see. Why are you not in the Jung Mansion?"

Now, it leaves Jungkook and Yewon confused.

Huh?

"I've been fired by Madame Nam and Eunbi is too so Eunbi is now staying at my house"

Mr. Jeon clenches his fist, listening to Ms. Soona's explanation especially when knowing that his bestfriend little daughter is kicked out from her own house.

The survey can wait.

Now he has to see Eunbi.

After the death of both his bestfriend, he barely knows how the remaining family members are doing.

'I told you, didn't I? You shouldn't get married to that wicked witch'

Mr. Jeon mumbles in his heart and gets everyone in the car before driving to Ms. Soona's house.

___________________________

Eunbi is still in dazed, not knowing what to do. It is like, if she eats it, mother dies and if she doesn't, father dies.

Way too complicated.

"Is there no other ways to claim it?" asks Eunbi hesitantly. Unfortunately, Mr.Han shakes his head, "This is the only way. If you don't claim soon. I am afraid that Mrs. Nam will take an action about it soon. Jia and Jian turn 18 too this year"

Both of them are in their own thoughts, thinking every single way that doesn't involve marriage or what so ever.

"By the way, Mr. Han? Do you just mention my childhood friend? Do I perhaps have one?" Eunbi asks since it has been a question since then.

"Oh, right. You might not remember. He is--"

Ms. Soona and the others come in.

"Oh, Ahjumma--Eh?"

Eunbi expects less people will come in but why does it become many more? Like shouldn't be Jungkook away now? And who is that old man?

"Mr. Jeon?" Mr. Han exclaims as Eunbi looks at him confused.

They know each other and Mr.Jeon? Jungkook's father? Wait, Jeon?

"This surname feels familiar indeed" Eunbi mumbles in her heart as she stares a little reunion of a group of old friends.

"This Eunbi"

She snaps back to reality as her name is pronounced.

"Yes?"

"Eunbi-ya, this is Jeon Jungkook. Your childhood friend"