Chapter 16

"Eunbi-ya, this is Jeon Jungkook, your childhood friend" Mr.Han introduces as Eunbi could only stare at the tall figure in front of her, blank.

"Yes, Eunbi. Do you remember me? I'm the Ahjussi who usually brings you and Jungkook to lotte world" Mr. Jeon continues.

Eunbi keeps silent. Everything is incomprehensible. First, she has to get married in order to claim the legacy and second, the boy, she has to marry is Jeon Jungkook who also happens to be her childhood friend.

Wait a minute.

Does this even make sense?

Suddenly Eunbi's head hurts and her peripheral vision starts to spin around. She can't see clear no more. Some memories start to flash little by little.

The voice calling her name slowly fades away and is replaced with a kiddo voice.

"Unbi ya, you only can marry me in the future. Got it?"

"Only you can be my husband, no one else!"

"Unbi! I have a new toy"

"Ahjussi will bring you to the park ok?"

"Eomma bake a strawberrt cake today. I have also made some for Kookie"

"Unbi, unbi. Do you like ponytails?"

"Let's draw a rainbow together, alright?"

BAM

She remembers everything. The vision which draws her past now is changed into the present. Everyone is worry about her condition.

When Eunbi starts to regain her consciousness, Yewon immediately hands a glass of lukewarm water.

"Jeon Jungkook? Koo-Kookie?" Eunbi voices out hesitantly, facing towards Jungkook who smiles deliberately.

He never knows that Eunbi is Eunbi, his childhood friend and the girl he treasures the most.

He does realize her name is familiar but he barely pays attention on it.

"Y-yes I'm Kookie", Jungkook answers sheepishly as his cheeks turn red because of his past nickname.

Oh my God.

"Ok, I'll explain this short and you can reunite later. Eunbi, I have listened from Ms. Soona and Mr. Han. It is correct you have to marry my son to claim the heritage. Jungkook's mom, your parents and I are bestfriend. We once promise each other to let our kids get married. Now, I suggest you to move to my house for the time being and for a business education. I will assign a teacher home to teach you and we will have it done secretly so it doesn't draw any attention especially your step"

"Now, I have to go" Mr. Jeon excuses himself and continues his survey while Mr. Han has to go too unless he wants the twins to notice his disappearance.

Ms.Soona has her own business to handle and Yewon has to help her mother.

It leaves Jungkook and Eunha themselves.

"So, urgh?" Eunha stutters as no words are able to be spilled out.

"Remember our little promise back then?" Jungkook asks, smirking.

"What?"

"Only you can be my husband, no one else! Does it ring a bell?" Jungkook teases as he imitates a little girl's voice. Eunbi's face reddens and slaps Jungkook's arm.

"Oh, shut up. If you hadn't known that I am actually your childhood friend, you wouldn't have remembered that stupid promise" Eunbi snaps.

"And plus, if I weren't your childhood friend, you would still be head over heels me. Aren't you breaking the promise by chasing another girl?" she continues.

Jinx, Jeon Jungkook.

He shuts up.

"Uh, well. The thing is you are my childhood friend and of course that promise is valid. You are going to marry me, little one"

Eunbi blushes. Again.

"But promise is meant to be broken" Eunbi manages to snap back.

But Jungkook isn't giving up, "Oh, that rule doesn't work on me and you know, I'm a bastard who never obeys rules"

"Ok, you win" she surrenders and scoffs.

"And you are admitting I am your future husband now?" Jungkook questions while arching a brow.

"Yea yea whatever"