A Day Just for Us - Part 6 (MJJ Imagine No. 20)

When you're both done, Michael gets out of bed and stacks the plates on one tray. He folds the other tray up and tucks it under his arm then picks up the one with the dishes on it.

"Want some help?"

"Nope. You stay right there in bed. I'll be back in a jiffy."

You lean back against your pillows and look around the room.

I could stay here forever. It's so peaceful and quiet.

You get up and walk across the room to open the curtains. You open the windows and stand there looking out over the meadow while listening to the birds. Michael comes back in and stands in the open doorway. He leans against the doorjamb and looks at you for a few moments before walking over to you. You're lost in thought when you feel his hands on your hips. He stands right up against you as he wraps his arms around you and gives you a kiss on the cheek. He rests his chin on your shoulder. You lean against him.

"What are you thinking about?"

"It's so pretty here. It's peaceful and quiet."

"My favorite part about it." He turns his head and kisses your neck. You lay your head back on his shoulder and turn your head away from his a little. You close your eyes and sigh as he continues to kiss your neck.

"How do you do that and not tickle me? Ex-boyfriends always had me laughing."

"Are you relaxed right now?" he whispers.

"Extremely."

"Has anyone ever 'knocked your socks off' like me?"

"Never."

"Do you want me to kiss your neck?"

"Mmm, hmm. It feels so good."

"Then that's why it doesn't tickle."

"I think it also helps that I'm constantly dreaming about you."

"You dream of me?"

"Quite regularly."

He lets you go and turns you around. He locks his hands at the small of your back and looks at you. "What are we doing in those dreams of yours?" You don't say a word. "Really, I'd like to know what you dream about when I'm in your dreams."

"Um, I'm at one of your concerts or performances watching you," you tell him without looking at him.

"Now why don't I believe you?" You look at him then scrunch your face up. He laughs. "Are you embarrassed to tell me what we do in those dreams?" You nod your head yes while keeping your eyes closed. He kisses you. You open your eyes and look at him. "Do they involve that?" You nod a yes. He looks over his shoulder and nods toward the bed. "Do they involve that?" You look down and don't say a word. He laughs then cradles your head and holds you against him. "I dreamt of that last night." You push back and look up at him.

"You did? With me?"

"Of course it was with you, Bebop. I told you kissing you on the floor last night made me want to make love to you." Your head goes down on his shoulder. He laughs and begins to rub the back of your neck. "Now why are you embarrassed?"

"I don't know."

"Yes you do." He hugs you and kisses the side of your head.

"It took me a long time to fall asleep because all I wanted to do was go crawl in bed with you."

"Don't be embarrassed over that," he whispers. "I lay in bed thinking about us then got up and stood outside your door for a good half hour debating whether or not I should knock."