Ch. 9 | Village Uzuki

~~|||~~

"Faith?"

I halted, coming back to reality.

My feet came to a stop and I looked up at Alchadar, who in which I was about to walk into. His head had turned on me while his amber eyes narrowed deep into mine, making a flinch go down my spine. This was a second time I had zoned out and not listened of what he had said...!

"Uh- what?" The words left my lips sooner than expected.

I don't know what kind of expression he made after, but his head looked forward again. "We're here."

My eyes followed to where he looked at.

There was a village coming up ahead, perhaps a smaller one than the one I got ambushed in by my Master and Damon, but it looked harmless. It looked actually more nicer and organized, no wonder he wanted to take me away from that place.

"Oh, right." I said, brushing my head enough small for him not to notice, trying to get rid of all the memories and thoughts. Alchadar's head turned one more time on my direction, it was a long stare. I did my best to avoid his gaze, to not let him realize how bad it was for me to know that our paths will separate. "Do you want to leave right away?"

Fool. He can see it right through you.

"Actually," He begun, turning to face me. Now I was just a solid rock before him. Afraid to make any kind of movement. As usual. "If it will be alright, I will spend this night with you. Tonight I will show you around the village and help you find a job which on you will earn some money to yourself, and start your life over." He spoke. Again with some descensy and respect, like I still was worthy of his time. Him as a normal Demon being, just blew my mind away. And my face just turned to the kind of look that I was willing to agree him spending the eternity with me."That is, if it will be fine with you?"

"Yes. Oh, I mean- yeah." I pinched my arm for saying it too eagerly, smiling innocently up at him. "That would be fine with me." But then my lips softened, now on my face shone the kind of smile I believe I haven't shown to anyone: a happy smile.

I noticed his face relaxed of my agreement as he suddenly stepped out of the way, showing his hand forward.

"Ladies first." Alchadar said, head low. I think he was teasing me for staying behind him way too many times. I snorted and passed him, knocking his helmet in the process to notify he should follow too. "Your answer was quite eager." He told me while catched up with me easily, we now walked next to each other. We were getting closer and we both knew it, that was why we sometimes stopped talking.

Oh my God- what happened to the scary Demon I knew few days ago?

"Ha ha. Now let's concentrate to our mission." I grimaced my face a bit at him, shaking my head little in disbelief. But secretly I enjoyed all this. It was relaxing and made us both forget the reality for a moment.

"When you put it like that, I am not sure will I be able to let you go." He chuckled, I believe meaning it as a joke. I didn't want to put much of a thought to it when I looked at him, then forward again. The village was approaching at quite the speed. "But there is a certain reason why I cannot let you stay with me... and that is the best for your sake."

My gaze lowered again, why was he giving me all these hints for nothing? He would never tell me what was the rightful reason for him being on the run, mine was reasonable, but he was a Demon with great powers. I didn't get why he had someone after him? He looked sad most of the time we weren't talking or he wouldn't look at me, I think it's something that has happened to him in the past. Something that will still to this day give him nightmares.