Ch. 17 | Beastmode

~ We live like caged beasts waiting for the day to let the rage free. ~

- Tupac Shakur.

~~|||~~

I'm on fire.

The pain is unbearable.

I lost a track of time a while back, as I kept twitching on the ground like I was having a stroke. The fact was I was dying. I couldn't control my body, I felt the antite within me was trying to rip my soul out of my body.

"You bastard! We'll kill you!"

Drool fell down from the corner of my mouth as I rolled on my left side, cringing to see what the guys had gotten themselves into. I couldn't think straight, but I refused to give in to the soul. I was not weak, I could beat that thing in me. I just needed time and good enough reason, even though I felt how it already messed up my body system.

"Faith! Fight it!" Alchadar yelled out to me, we had a moment of eye contact until they were again fighting at the thing. The Aswang was terrifying, it looked like a worm with two long claw legs and a head which resembled something between a human and a monster, and it moved around very smoothly. It was not an easy target to the guys, it kept them occupied as the antite was trying to devour me. "You can do it!"

I hissed and rolled on my back, feeling how my back arched. I saw red flashing in front of my eyes, my mind showing me images of dead people and the evil spirit devouring them, it was something of a horror movie. I grabbed my head and screamed, eyes wide. It hurt like hell, how was the thing so strong? Why was it showing me all this messed up stuff?

"NO!" I kicked around my place, rolling around. "Get out! GET OUT! ARGH!" I shut my eyes close, trying to gain the control of my thoughts.

"The girl has no chance, Demon. She will either become a puppet of mine, or die tryng to deny it." I heard the thing, it was also in my head.

I twitched again, this wasn't helping. I heard an abnormal beat within me, which had me frozen for a minute. But I didn't give in, this was my damn form. My frame. My life at stake. I yelled again and got up to my knees, squeezing my hands to fists.

Faith.

Remember.

My eyes grew wide, another voice was in my head. It wasn't evil, but something else. But as fast as it came it was gone, again the redness showing in my eye sight. I shook my head fierce, growling and grabbing my head again. It was trying to invade my mind, I felt my body giving in to the charge. I was so exhausted that I was scared I couldn't do it.

"Human. Stop resisting."

I screamed for my life, staring up at the ceiling.

"Faith! Don't give in!" Alchadar dodged the thing's attack, until swiftly Chris distracted it and my partner made a run for it towards me. "Faith!" I heard him a lot clearer. I heard him!

"Alchadar!" I screamed out to him, brushing my head madly. It was gaining control of my body already, it made my hands twitch in unpleasant matter. "Please!"