Ch. 29 | Demon Language

~ A past hidden in darkness.

Her present cloaked in secrets.

The future holds the only truth that cannot be escaped... ~

- Dipak deka.

~~|||~~

(Faith)

Much to our dismay, Zero-- Chris' uncle turned out to be a very decent yet good old man. He had a loose screw in his brain but overall he was fine, and his apartment wasn't that bad either. It was good size, almost too big for him with three bedrooms, one large kitchen, two bathrooms-- one upstairs, the other downstairs, a pretty decent size living room, a large shower and to top the cake with a cherry; a sauna. I had never been in one, and Zero suggested that he'd let us get washed up before we leave for the bar tonight, which I didn't argue to at all. It would seem Demon Slayers got paid pretty well, and he even had extra jobs such as he had joined a guild and was fulfilling some requests as a part-time job. 

Settling down was not too hard, Chris was forced to sleep in his Uncle's room since he had a King sized bedroom for our women's sake, as Praxina agreed to let the Beast sleep in the same room with her and it left me and Alchadar sharing a room. I didn't mind, and since I had no freaking idea how the night would turn out I'd be glad to have someone there with me. 

Although, as soon as we had settled down Alchadar asked me out on a walk, clearly to talk about something.

I'm kinda nervous...

"So, what'd you wanna talk about?" I asked from the Demon as we made our way down a completely unknown street in the settling sunlight, which made the city look absolutely stunning. Even though everything was kinda orange and Alchadar's quiet-self was really distracting, I couldn't help but keep my eyes mostly on the road, buildings and the sky itself. I had always wanted to visit big cities such as Babushka, it was my dream when I would've escape slavery, and now when it was finally happening-- even though not the way I thought, I was happy. What happened just few hours ago didn't bother me anymore at all, but considering that Alchadar wanted to talk I guess he was. 

Talk about awkward...

"The reason I asked you with me was that we'd do some combat practice since it has been a while, and I want to discuss with you of what happened earlier." Alchadar said, walking beside me like the big Titan he was, but he was odd. His usual demeanor was relaxed and scary letting people know of his strength and authority, but not now. He was tense and almost on alert, glancing behind us and keeping his gaze fixed on the valleys we passed as well he made sure I was by his side at all times, almost making sure that nothing could ambush us. Well, I don't blame him. Who knows what kind of attention their little fight caused back then. 

"... You sure that's necessary right now?" I questioned, looking up at him. I was worried that he might outdo himself again, and that was something I really preferred to avoid. I never wanted to see him like that again. When Alchadar gave me a questioning look and almost rose a brow I played around with my fingers, turning my gaze away from his. "I mean, you're still recovering, you don't have to do that. I can wait until you're fully healed." I said, almost submitted answering him. I didn't know what was wrong with me.   

"It's okay, I feel a lot better. It's my duty to make sure you're ready for another ambush of the Seven, and I don't feel comfortable letting you join the battle unprepared." Alchadar assured me, the sudden subject earning my attention back on him. He looked even more aware of our surroundings and when we took a sudden turn before us stood a big arena, such type where people come to battle for victory but on free-time you can go there and practice. Huh, typical. Not where we usually practice, like a forest but this time it seems that Alchadar stepped up his game. Things were going to be real this time. "Besides, we can let out some steam." He gave me a playful grin as he stepped down the arena's rope which surrounded the arena, looking confident and powerful as hell.