𝙨𝙞𝙭.

𝙨𝙞𝙭 | 𝘈 𝘛𝘈𝘓𝘌 𝘖𝘍 𝘎𝘙𝘌𝘕𝘈𝘋𝘌𝘚 𝘈𝘕𝘋 𝘉𝘌𝘎𝘐𝘕𝘕𝘐𝘕𝘎𝘚

。・:*:・゚✧ 。・:*:・゚

WEEKS HAD PASSED, Ada had gone to London, sending Annabel the occasional note, and the Keats girl had accustomed to living a life free of Thomas Shelby.

She had regained her smile, she was serving drinks with more ease than ever, she had even made some friends outside the Shelby family, Grace and some other daughters of the families on Watery Lane, with who she enjoyed her free time. The Shelbys never left her alone, though.

She had Polly over often, she babysat John's kids at all times, she helped Finn with his schoolwork, and she had started to develop a friendship with Arthur as she helped him learn his way around the pub.

Everything was going swiftly.

One day, she was serving drinks at the Garrison where she was approached by John.

"Red, come 'ere." Annabel looked back at Grace, who nodded, and Annabel followed John into the private room of the Garrison.

When they sat down, John spoke. "Y'know, it's been hard, raising four kids."

"I know it must be John. Specially with Michael in his terrible twos." The two laughed.

They talked about John's kids and as John was about to say something, the rest of the Shelby family poured in the room.

Tommy's eyes met Annabel's and she did the unthinkable.

She smiled, still planning his destruction.

When everyone was settled, John spoke.

"Alright, John. There's only one man guarding the house. What's troubling ya'?" said Tommy.

Annabel stood up to leave, but John's hand settled on hers and she nodded, sitting back down.

"Well, you know Polly, how hard it's been on me since Martha died."

"God takes the best first." She said, nodding and place a soft touch on his hand.

"Truth is, my kids have been running bloody rings around me. Running barefoot with the dogs at all hours."

"Pol, give him ten bob for some shoe-"

"Shut the fuck up, Thomas." Annabel said.

He stayed quiet.

"You know, I'm always happy to help around, John. Be with all the kids, tend to them when I'm not here. You know that." Annabel stated softly.

"I know that, Red. But what the kids need, is a mother." John started. "Which is why, I'm getting married."

Everyone in the room soon became tense, and looked at everyone else.

"Does the poor girl know you're going to marry her or are you just going to spring this on her all of the sudden?" Polly asked.

"And this better not be your proposal to Red, here." Annabel laughed and John blushed, before shaking his head.

Unbeknownst to Annabel, behind her as he stood against the wall, Tommy had tensed.