𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣.

𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝘈 𝘛𝘈𝘓𝘌 𝘖𝘍 𝘎𝘐𝘙𝘓𝘚 𝘈𝘕𝘋 𝘋𝘖𝘜𝘉𝘛𝘚

。・:*:・゚✧ 。・:*:・゚

LIFE CHANGES FAST. One moment, Annabel Lee Keats was writing a letter to her sister wondering whether she should import her wedding dress from a foreign country just like Emma had done or if she should simply acquire a beautiful dress from Birmingham to cement her devotion to her city, and the next she was being held at gunpoint, having lost the greatest battle.

The night before, Thomas Shelby had gotten down on one knee as the winged seraphs in heaven awaited with bated breath Annabel's answer, as if she would've ever considered saying anything other than yes.

"Of course, Thomas. Yes. I will marry you. Today, yesterday, a million years from now. It is yes. It will always be yes." She had replied in between sobs as Tommy, much to her surprise, let out one of his own.

She had seen him happy, of course. She had been the exclusive source of that happiness since the day they intertwined their lives. Yet this time, something was different. The moon reflecting on Tommy's blue eyes was heavenly, and the euphoria in his gaze as he rose from his knee to envelop his lover in his arms and spin her around until the pair were doubling over in delirious laughter was unique to this very moment.

The pair had walked hand in hand into the Garrison, who had been awaiting them with their breaths stuck in their throats. In a simple movement, Annabel broke into a smile and simply lifted her hand into the hair, showcasing the beautiful ring that shined on her finger.

For a split second, there was nothing but shocked silence. Who would've ever thought that Tommy Shelby would actually one day settle down and make an honest man out of himself, willingly? No one, truly. But then, there was joy. The Shelby siblings could've exploded with joy, as their cheers and hoots were the first ones to be heard, followed by the whoops and the congratulations of the Garrison's customers.

John, Arthur and Finn ran to Thomas and basically ambushed him with hugs, practically jumping on him. The ladies didn't stay far behind, as Ada ran to Annabel and hugged her, followed by Esme, and the women shed tears of joy as the realization that now they would legally be family settled in as they admired the ring upon Annabel's finger.

A few steps behind, as hugs were exchanged, was Polly, who made her way over silently and softly, a drink in her hand. Ada and Esme as well as the boys parted in order to let the matriarch of the Shelby family inspect the newly engaged couple. She didn't smile. She did not congratulate them. All that was heard was a soft word, filled with relief.

"Finally."

Annabel smiled knowingly and Tommy nodded with respect. Before the couple could say anything, the woman turned on her heels and the party truly started.

Annabel danced and danced in the arms of her beloved until the wee hours of the morning. She felt as if she was floating on clouds. She had said yes. The word came out so filled with love before she even had the chance to think about it. It was all on instinct, her body reacted to the proposal before her mind did, for her body knew that at the beginning of time, they had been together, and now they shall live and die together.

She would marry him. A bad man, in all the books' definitions. Someone who one would assume would make a terrible husband, with a lifestyle not suited for domestic life. Yet as she twirled in his arms and moaned his name in their bed later that night, she decided that everything would change. Their life would change. She would write their own story, make their own world, all as they went in life as Annabel and Thomas Shelby.