𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

A few months had passed and it was now summer break. Madison, Peter, and Ned had all grown even closer and passed their Sophomore year of high school with flying colors. And now their time off from Midtown School of Science and Technology was just getting started.

Tony and Pepper were planning their wedding, with the help of Madison of course. May had grown used to Peter being Spider-Man and Madison being the Avenger named Venus. It took a lot of convincing, but May finally agreed to let Peter continue being Spider-Man. And Tony had given Madison her suit back, even if she was only aloud to use if for emergencies.

Peter and Madison had been dating for about four months once summer started. The two had gone on many different types of dates at that time, and this summer they planned on trying to complete their Date Bucket List.

Which is what the two were always doing. Tony had called them two peas in a pod, but they weren't clingy to each other. The two just really like being around each other. Madison and Peter were like best friends and a couple rolled into one. When they weren't on dates, they were hanging out with Ned.

And now Madison was hiding in a dark corner, her heart pounding out of her chest. A smile was plastered on her face as she let out huffs of air.

She had her Laser Tag gun in her hand, ready to fire if she needed to. Peter was after her, because he had just saw her run from the tower she was shooting at him from.

Madison heard a noise turned a corner and aimed her gun, no one was there. She dropped her gun in a whine as she turned around. Peter was hanging upside down from the ceiling, a smile on his face. In an instant he had dropped to the floor and backed Madison into her corner with his laser gun.

"I'm gonna win," Peter gloated.

Madison crossed her arms and rolled her eyes, leaning against the black wall, "That's cheating."

"No," Peter replied as he took a step closer, "I don't think it is."

He kept his gun pointed at Madison's trigger plate with one hand, and with the other he leaned against the wall. Smiling and gloating in Madison's face. The girl gave a smirk as an idea popped into her head.

Madison leaned forward and kissed him, causing Peter to drop his guard and his gun. Once it was away from her chest, Madison pulled back quickly from the kiss and shot Peter in his stomach.

His armor glowed red as it buzzed, signaling that Peter had just lost a life. The girl gave a wicked smile as she started to run away.

"Now that's cheating," Peter whined, unable to get Madison back for a full minute.

Madison turned around as she walked backwards, "No. I don't think it is."

And with that she ran off into the blackness of the arena, leaving her boyfriend to watch her go and hide.

Eventually Madison did win the game of Laser Tag, and she was gloating to Ned and May about it while they all ate dinner.

"Oh you should have seen his face," Madison laughed, "I wish you were on our side to see it Ned."

"Are we gonna talk about this all night?" Peter asked, looking down at his food, even though there was a smile on his lips.

Madison gave a smile as she placed her hand under the table and intertwined her hand with Peter's. He looked at her with pouty eyes and Madison let out a giggle, "Okay, okay. I'm done, I promise."

"For four months you guys have been dating and Peter still can't handle losing to you," May laughed, getting Peter to look at her.

"I can handle it," Peter huffed, "Doesn't mean I have to like it."

Ned shook his head, "You know you would feel bad if she lost."

"Are you saying he let's me win?" Madison asked, narrowing her eyes.

"I do not let you win. You just are better than me," Peter answered, squeezing Madison's hand.

Madison gave a shrug, "We all have our strengths. One day you I'll lose."

"Hardly, you're really good at Laser Tag," Peter stated, laughing to himself.

The younger Stark opened her mouth to say something, but the News caught her eye. Madison stood up as she saw the woman on screen causing people to run away in fear. The public called her Nemesis.

No one had been able to catch the villain yet, for she always seemed to escape police custody. Even though the whole nation knew her real name, Esther Beyda.

She was easily an enhanced super human. Black magic flowed from her body as she struck fear into everyone. That's what she did, she brought out everyone's biggest fears.

Nemesis had moved from state to state, causing everyone to panic. And now she was right on New York's door step. The News was sending out a warning. And it was one of the scariest warnings Madison had ever seen in her life, and she had fought aliens and robots that were trying to take over the world. But there was just something about this woman that was utterly evil and scary.

Madison watched the screen as something in her brain pulled at her heart. Something familiar came from the woman, but Madison had no idea what. It was something she couldn't put her finger on. Everything about her made Madison's brain turn. It terrified Madison to her core. The girl continued to look at the screen as Peter came up next to her.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concern filling his voice.

Madison never looked away from the TV, "I don't know."

Peter put a comforting arm around Madison, "Do you know who that is?"

"I... I don't know," Madison admitted, giving Peter a worried look.