Chapter 5 : Plots & Plans

*Fukyouwaon Intro*

After the first nights meal; as the sun rises on the debilitated heroes, the weathered group tries to get a head start on the day, worried knowing they are still under threat of attack.

Zuumiko is given a clean set of white and red hakama (袴), to replace her hole ridden attire from the horrible nights before; reflecting her pure and intense intentions of finding her closest friend, Hirate Yurina, wherever she may be.

Habu cleanses herself quickly in the river as the rest gather their weapons first, washing away the worries from before.

Yui's old and abused daggers were cast away. In it's place, Neru gifts her another, more elegant weapon: a pair of Okinawan Sai's, a trident like double-sided blade with widely spaced prongs, very effective against the commonly used long blades, bo's and katanas of Nippon.

Imaizumi's eyes lit up with suprise and she was visibly shook at the kind gesture.

"..And take these as well." Neru bestows both Yui and Mizu a full set of 'death rings' ; bladed finger rings which can be worn with its teeth facing down, biting into whatever the attacker was holding.

"It's main advantage is used with a person's grip, as the blades are tipped with toxin."

Imaizumi and Habu are quite astonished with the ruthless yet efficient weapons.

"Surprised?" Nagahama smiles. "Nothing is fair in Love and War." The high priestess explaines before she turns face to address the public.

"...War.." Zomen reflects on her current actions, and also towards the unpredictable future.

~Before she speaks, Neru bows with respect~

"My People! Hear me!"

The crowd of survivors and defenders from the separate towns and villages all look up to the graceful, noble leader Nagahama Neru, who is met by Kobayashi and Shiori, standing atop a podium made from the piled rubbish of previous battle fought before them.

The expression on her face is normally one that encourages hope and security, yet this time, she is not. The cold winter wind blows her hair into her face and back again as she tries to find the strength to inform the small union the weight of the situation.

 The cold winter wind blows her hair into her face and back again as she tries to find the strength to inform the small union the weight of the situation

"You may be wondering what can be done... but a decision must be made! I know there are many who want to avoid the conflict and those who want to make a difference!"

The people hold their breath. They have been split in their decisions and felt uncertain as well for so long; the people were waiting for an answer.

"I.. and my trusted band of allies.." Neru looks over to the unlikely heroes Zumiko and Mizu before she continues. "-will take it upon ourselves to find and retrieve our beloved Empress Suzumoto!"