Chapter 7 : Falling Stars

Moriya is travelling South by horseback in the dead of night with her Shinobis Saito Fuyuka, Oda Nana and Minami Koike, to meet with Tsuchida Teruyuki near his location by Mt. Akagi just North of his birthplace in Saitama. The former leader of the Magi is unaware of his visitors after hearing about the horrific events that happened almost a week before in Yokohama.

The messenger normally sent to give him word will not be returning to give the news from Akane.

She will speak to him personally..

~~~

The days pass. It is as if there is a calm in between the storms brewing from conflicting sides. Clouds from the mountains can be seen rolling down the sides of its valleys endlessly.

"We are nearing the Akagi mountains paths now. Our incoming information from the local village is that Elder Tsuchida is not aware our presence." Koike Minami bowing in obedience wearing civilian clothes, relays the information she can gather back to her leader, who is steadily & prominently marching up the beaten path to the top.

Random strangers sparsely flock up and down the mountain paths pass them as they travel on foot giving their steeds a rest; ignorant of their status or intentions being there.

However one of the civilians heading the opposite direction can recognize a familiar face amongst the strangers.

This woman of similar stature stopped in front of the charging warlord and softly spoke, "Moriya?"

An eerily comforting voice greets the quartet on this calm winter day.

"Yuuka!?" The thought of seeing her friend is the last thing she expects, her face fully blushing behind here guise; dumbfounded, however; she cannot show this.

Fuyuka, Oda and Koike, step back and keep their distance.

"Oooh! Who is this now?" Nana wondered.

This is Sugai Yuuka, a flawless beauty of the upper class is accompanied by a few children of the village. Her long black hair drapes perfectly over her breasts and around her hour glass physique.

The menacing cloak of Akane keeps the young ones away as Yuuka cannot help but run to her childhood friend with a smile. A hint of energy clashes as the two come together with an embrace; surprising the shinobis who are watching.

"Why has it been so long?" Sugai held with both arms tightly under her royal blue layered silk kimono.

Moriya doesn't reciprocate her excitement. Her face stone cold as the wind. "You should get out of here."

"What? Why? What are you up too? Don't you recognize me anymore?-"

"Yuuka..." Nen pauses to look at the ground before gazing at person holding onto her ever so tightly before continuing, "Things have changed. There is a war going on."

"Of course I know! But why are you talking to me this way? Don't tell me you were involved with the incident in Yokohama?

"Involved?" Moriya chuckled, not suprised that news would have spread fast. "You have no idea."

"Does he know? Alot of people are questioning you Akane...I had just spoke with Tsuchida.:

"Why so? He is a political figure correct?" Akane inquired. "What business do you have with him?"

"I told him of the summoning of the Counsel. He is a political figure you are right Nen, as am I."

Akanes eyes widen. "I didn't know you were involved like this either.."

"No one here maybe able to recognize who you are Nen, and what you have done, but I do. If I hand any mind too as my duty serving the counsel, I have every right to disclose your location to the nearest militia."