Chapter 6 : The Calm

~Fukyouwaon intro~

"Have you planned any of this out, your highness?" Imaizumi asks out loud when the time to move out came.

Neru stood in the footpath leading away from the lands of Tokyo; adorning all her headdresses and formal wear, looking toward the far side of the bright winter day.

Drawn from her deep thoughts she replied, "Suzumoto never wanted to be a part of politics. Her heart was for helping the poor and unfortunate."

She feints a weak smile as she remembers more memories that connect her to the empress, "She normally leaves the military tactics to someone else."

Habu eavesdrops on their conversation.

Neru continues, "The winter will slow their military advance South. They may move slow, but they consume everything in the towns and villages they encounter." The high priestess continues, "The roads North leading South will intersect.
If they wish to insist to negotiate with the council because of Miyu, then I intend to suprise them."

"..But you are just a priestess? How do you know such things?" Habu notices the details.

"This may be true, but it does not take a genius to learn how to survive in desperate times. The way will be shown. What is not so easy is acting out what is planned."

"It's always easier said than done." Shiori places a hand on the back on Neru's shoulder. "It's time. The civilians are moving along."

A look from Kobayashi, as she notions them to hurry. "We should get going too."

The sun is warm, kissing against the newly formed group under Miyu's forces. Hope is all that they have. Without a unified leader, the Daimyos of the South are fighting meaningless battles with the Magi and amongst themselves with no end in sight.
The War is tearing the country of Japan apart, with the Yokohoma incident a painful reminder to both sides.

It would take almost a week of traveling to reach their destination. Along the way the new group members make friends with their new colleagues of the South. Their mission to save their empress. The people with them are divided yet confident that better days are ahead...

*Meanwhile that same day, in the high views of the snow in Niigata the Magi are making preparations.

Taking advantage of being under the cover of the shadow in the evening, Moriya took no time to start the transport of Suzumoto to reach Mt. Haruna in the East where the Counsel is gathering.

Dimly lit torches light the way in-out and throughout the entire span of the base camp within the large castle. The sounds of the soldiers and officers echo the large rooms. It is in the center is where some of the higher ranks are waiting.

Nen entrusts Watanabe Risa to escort a caravan carrying the Empress back South with a group of soldiers to the peaks of Mt. Haruna from Niigata prefecture where their base of operations is located.

"I will rendezvous with you in a few days time." Risa held the reigns of the wagon loosely, "We won't leave the other side with time to breath."

Akane nods a farewell as the wagon sets off across the bride over the frozen lake that surrounds the castle at a steady pace. She requests that Hirate Yurina to be summoned up from her time in captivity from down below in the prison cells.

Chains clanks back and forth as the young, frail, short-haired girl stumbles along; followed by the black haired mage.

Moriya wants to speak face to face with the tortured girl who is led to her and made to descend down on her knees before her.